Looking for Turning Wheels Aug. 1988

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Turning Wheels Aug. 1988

I just bought a 1965 Daytona Sport Sedan and would like to get a copy of the Turning Wheels issue from August 1988. It had a great article in it as I have seen a photo copy of the article but would like the real thing. They are out of stock at Turning Wheels with this particular issue. Anyone help me out? Please send email (use subject line: TW Aug 1988) to: mattzdad@charter.net
    Dick Riley aka Mattzdad

Matt,

You may want to try Steven Allen's as I know that he had boxes of them at York.

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
    Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Matt,

You may want to try Steven Allen's as I know that he had boxes of them at York.

Gary

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

Comment

quote:You may want to try Steven Allen's as I know that he had boxes of them at York.
        Their site is mystudebaker.com. GREAT bunch of people down there. [^]

Matthew Burnette
        Hazlehurst, Georgia
        '59 Scotsman PU
        '63 Daytona HT

http://mbstudebaker.blogspot.com/
        http://georgiastudebaker.com/

Comment

quote:You may want to try Steven Allen's as I know that he had boxes of them at York.
          Their site is mystudebaker.com. GREAT bunch of people down there. [^]

Matthew Burnette
          Hazlehurst, Georgia
          '59 Scotsman PU
          '63 Daytona HT

http://mbstudebaker.blogspot.com/
          http://georgiastudebaker.com/

Comment

Believe it or not, I actually have a copy of this issue. That being said, it's a little special to me, but shoot me an email and make me an offer. The worst I can do is say no, right? :-)

--------
            Restoring my grandfather's '60 Lark, one rusted bolt at a time.

Maple Lake, Minnesota
            '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Believe it or not, I actually have a copy of this issue. That being said, it's a little special to me, but shoot me an email and make me an offer. The worst I can do is say no, right? :-)

--------
              Restoring my grandfather's '60 Lark, one rusted bolt at a time.

Maple Lake, Minnesota
              '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

If you are a memeber of SDC, Cornerstone Registration,
                has 4 left of that issue, they will send you one for
                $5.50:
                Corner Stone Registration, Ltd.
                The Studebaker Drivers Club, Inc.
                P.O. Box 1743, Maple Grove MN 55311

Or, use VISA or Master Card and call
                763-420-7829, or fax 763-420-7849 or
                email: mark@cornerstonereg.com

Glen Brose
                East of Chino Valley, AZ
                The Home of "Charlene"
                53 Champion Tudr Sedan

Comment

If you are a memeber of SDC, Cornerstone Registration,
                  has 4 left of that issue, they will send you one for
                  $5.50:
                  Corner Stone Registration, Ltd.
                  The Studebaker Drivers Club, Inc.
                  P.O. Box 1743, Maple Grove MN 55311

Or, use VISA or Master Card and call
                  763-420-7829, or fax 763-420-7849 or
                  email: mark@cornerstonereg.com

Glen Brose
                  East of Chino Valley, AZ
                  The Home of "Charlene"
                  53 Champion Tudr Sedan

Comment

At the York and Reedsville swap meets there's a chapter that sells old TW's for $1 an issue and they have a lot of issues from about 1980 forward. Which reminds me, I should probably unpack and re-inventory my TW's at some point; I wasn't able to do that before York. (I have managed to collect all but about 30 issues.) There are other vendors that sell but none as inexpensively.

Occasionally you may also be able to buy a lot of old TW's for cheap at a swap, I've fleshed out my collection that way too.

It's all JP's fault; he bought a '55 Prez with a whole stack of slightly damp TW's in the trunk that he didn't want because he already had them, and when I laid them out and dried them they weren't in that bad shape, really. But then when you have a *collection* and it is *incomplete...*

nate

--
                    55 Commander Starlight
                    http://members.cox.net/njnagel
                    --
                    55 Commander Starlight

Comment

At the York and Reedsville swap meets there's a chapter that sells old TW's for $1 an issue and they have a lot of issues from about 1980 forward. Which reminds me, I should probably unpack and re-inventory my TW's at some point; I wasn't able to do that before York. (I have managed to collect all but about 30 issues.) There are other vendors that sell but none as inexpensively.

Occasionally you may also be able to buy a lot of old TW's for cheap at a swap, I've fleshed out my collection that way too.

It's all JP's fault; he bought a '55 Prez with a whole stack of slightly damp TW's in the trunk that he didn't want because he already had them, and when I laid them out and dried them they weren't in that bad shape, really. But then when you have a *collection* and it is *incomplete...*

nate

--
                      55 Commander Starlight
                      --
                      55 Commander Starlight

Comment

It's to the point where I'm missing ONE issue I believe. I've forgotten which one it is now, but it doesn't really matter.

Miscreant adrift in
                        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                        1960 Larkvertible V8
                        1958 Provincial wagon
                        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

It's to the point where I'm missing ONE issue I believe. I've forgotten which one it is now, but it doesn't really matter.

Miscreant adrift in
                          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                          1960 Larkvertible V8
                          1958 Provincial wagon
                          1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I have virtually all of the issues from when I initially joined in March 1974. I finally organized mine before York and was able to pick up about a 1/2 dozen I was missing. Got the first one for $2.00 then I found the $1.00 table the Nate mentioned. I think I will take the list to South Bend to see if I can get the other 4 or 5 I need.

Comment

I have virtually all of the issues from when I initially joined in March 1974. I finally organized mine before York and was able to pick up about a 1/2 dozen I was missing. Got the first one for $2.00 then I found the $1.00 table the Nate mentioned. I think I will take the list to South Bend to see if I can get the other 4 or 5 I need.

Comment

Working...
                              X