This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my Flight-O-Matic

I drove the Hawk a couple hundred miles on Sunday with four of us aboard,and stopped on some steep hills,pulled away,at no time did I feel the transmission slip again as it did last week. Im starting to wonder if its gonna be OK if I just take it easy on it,at least for this summer.The fluid levels right on and dosen't smell "burnt" in the least. Could that slipping incident have something to do with the fact the car had not been driven for a couple of weeks?
    Im gonna just keep driving her,and if she craters Ive got a CAA card, but just wondered what you guys think.

quote:Originally posted by Transtar56

I drove the Hawk a couple hundred miles on Sunday with four of us aboard,and stopped on some steep hills,pulled away,at no time did I feel the transmission slip again as it did last week. Im starting to wonder if its gonna be OK if I just take it easy on it,at least for this summer.The fluid levels right on and dosen't smell "burnt" in the least. Could that slipping incident have something to do with the fact the car had not been driven for a couple of weeks?
    Im gonna just keep driving her,and if she craters Ive got a CAA card, but just wondered what you guys think.
    1. Have you changed the fluid?
    2. Is your throttle to transmission linkage set properly? It can cause slippage if it's off one way and hard, higher speed shifts the other.

Paul Johnson
    '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
    '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
    Museum R-4 engine
    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Working...
    X