This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW STUDEBAKER BOOK

Heads up, Chuck Lampman's new Studebaker book is now on E-bay. Check it out. The title is "Some Thoughts On Restoring A Studebaker [or an Avanti].

Darryl C. Lewallen

I was going to undertake writing a how-to book regarding rebuilding Studebaker engines. It was going to be a straight-forward approach to building a (for the most part) stock Studebaker engine WITH a wrap-up outlining some options for more power on advice of Mr. Harbit and the like. Maybe someday - but Lampman's writings are as good as any I've seen as regards rebuilding Stude engines. I suggest it heartily to those considering building their own Stude engine. Even if you've BUILT engines in the past, this book can lend some nuggets of insight that are worth it's cost.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Link to ebay or just call Charles at 770-926-7142 to order book.
      22.50 + 4.00 shipping

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Some-...spagenameZWDVW
      64 Champ long bed V8
      55/53 Studebaker President S/R
      53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

Comment

I just bought a copy of this, per your recommendation Mr Biggs. Am in the process of rebuilding the Packebakers' 289(to +.080), and though I've worked on the brand "C" Mckinnon engines, will be interested in stuff pertaining to the Stude V-8. I see that they have some procedures of their own, such as on the con rods and setting the crank end play, dialing in the bellhousing, and building an engine that won't leak oil(much)and so forth.

Comment

The first 25 sold out yesterday, so I put some more on eBay- they're
          under a new number- it's 320001184468.
          There is a description with chapter titles at http://chuck.lampman.com,
          though the ordering instructions there don't yet incoude a PayPal
          option.

I'm going to be out of the country doing some work for a non-profit I'm
          associated with during the period 8 - 20 July, and will ship any orders
          where payment comes in before taboput the 7th- after that there will be
          a shipping delay...

Many thanks- Chuck

Comment

Got my copy in the mail yesterday and started reading it 2day. Its already giving me some ideas with my restoration. Thanks for the quick delivery.

Comment

Have any of you guys ever heard of Studebaker Owners Parts Coop, Inc.
              P.O. Box 9307, Daytona Beach, Fl. 32020
              They put out a pretty good tech. manual called Studebaker Engine Tips in 1981. I would take a look at it before you spend a lot of time riting anything. It's vary detailed.
              Klif
              55 Speedster/Street Machine
              63 Avanti R2
              64 Convertible R1

Comment

Working...
              X