X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BobPalma
    replied
    Nope, but it was only two days ago. He may still be in the Emergency Room from having lifted all the greetings. [:I] BP

Have you heard news as to how the Birthday went for Harold?
    Hope the gent enjoyed his day and received many wishes from Stude
    fans.

'49 Champion Starlight Coupe
    1936 Miller Replica/ Stude driveline
    Fond du Lac,Wisconsin
    [/quote]

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    BP.
    Have you heard news as to how the Birthday went for Harold?
    Hope the gent enjoyed his day and received many wishes from Stude
    fans.

'49 Champion Starlight Coupe
    Fond du Lac,Wisconsin

Leave a comment:

• stude freak
    replied
    HEY STUDE BOB tell me where to go on computer to do the b day card.

Leave a comment:

• tomnoller
    replied
    Great idea, Bob! I'm sending the info to the editor of our monthly newsletter editor so he can get it in the July edition for many of our members who don't have the internet.

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by bams50

GREAT Idea!!

And might I add: If you write, make sure it's clear and LARGE, so he can read it easily![8D]

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2358680/1

I agree. Not knowing the gentleman's condition, it is best to write large and clear. When my father was 95 he had to use a magnifying glass, along with his glasses, to read small print. When he was 98, he had surgery on both eyes and then he could read the newspaper without any glasses. I can't even do that.

Gary L.
    1954 Commander Starliner (restomod)
    1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)

Leave a comment:

• bams50
    replied
    GREAT Idea!!

And might I add: If you write, make sure it's clear and LARGE, so he can read it easily![8D]

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2358680/1

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    Thru the magic of computers you can generate a nice B-day card WITH a/some Studebaker pictures on it. Won't cost you much more than the postage to send it! I'm gonna do it!

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    BP.

What a marvelous gesture!

This writer will have an appropiate card in the PO tomorrow.

A flood of greetings and best wishes will surely be a joy to
    the gent.

'49 Starlight Coupe

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied
    I know Studebaker International sells Studebaker Christmas cards, but do they also sell Studebaker birthday cards? I bet they could sell as many of them as the others. I don't think they do, but it would be fun.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Birthday Cards needed for Stude Mechanic

Birthday Cards needed for Stude Mechanic

Would you take a moment to send a birthday card to a 95-year-old former Studebaker mechanic? His daughter is soliciting same for a surprise "Birthday Card Shower" on his August 2, 2006 birthday, his 95th.

Some of you may be familiar with a Senior Citizen-oriented magazine known as Reminisce. Reminisce has a column in which readers can exchange or solicit input from others regarding certain dates, events, etc. [)] Our neighbor across the street brought over a short notice from the current issue, in which Janice White of Summerville SC is soliciting Birthday Cards for her father, Harold R. Nott of Fremont NE. She reports her Dad "Having been a Studebaker mechanic for many years and would like to hear from anyone who ever owned one." ("Ever owned one" indeed...how about those of us who gladly still own them!)

Harold will be 95 years old August 2nd, and daughter Janice would like to present him with a big box of birthday cards from anyone with a Studebaker connection, an admirable endeavor for her Dad.

Please send the cards, with any greeting you care to add, to her attention at the following address. Be sure to send them so they arrive well before August 2nd. I plan to put a note on the outside of the envelope, "Birthday card for Harold Nott," so she'll know what's inside. Thanks for everyone's participation. I bet he's in for a BIG birthday surprise! Thanks. BP

Harold R. Nott
    c/o Janice White
    140 Cantering Hills Lane
    Summerville SC 29483

Working...
X