Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks a lot Jeff! Those pix are great. I'm scared to see it now... [:0] BTW, is it a 4 speed with bucket seats?

Matthew Burnette, the 16 year old Stude nut.
    South Georgia Chapter Newsletter Editor
    63 Daytona HT (project)
    51 2R16 dump truck (yes, I won the raffle)
    52 Commander Starliner (basket case)(will trade for another Stude <g&gt
    MANY more Studes in the family and a few parts cars.
    Click my name and check out "Links".

Comment

Yea, even this long journey has been very enjoyable. I find I don't mind wandering the car shows looking at all the nice stuff, as long as I know I've got my little project at home to return to. Of course I wouldn't mind 10 more, but 1 old car, even in project stage, is the absolute minimum for a healthy life.

I've given up estimating the completion date. My 52 has survived kids, divorce, re-marriage, step kids, and 3 houses. At some point in the next few years, I will putting the "D" in SDC for myself.

Matthew - Mine is a Champion. I had earlier looked over those pictures of your hardtop. Bringing that one back would be a long hard road. But hey - My floors, trunk, and rockers all got replaced anyway. If you don't have any big plans for the next 9 years, you ought to drag that thing into the barn and get started!!

Your grill assembly is better than mine, but I don't think I have any trade you can use. Especially the green paper stuff. I have two grill top bars, and they are both garbage. When I get to doing the grill, I'll probably look you up.

Dan
      52 hardtop

Comment

Bucket seats yes.
        It has an Avanti Powershift in it right now..
        I put that in in 1972.IIRC...
        Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

Thanks a lot Jeff! Those pix are great. I'm scared to see it now... [:0] BTW, is it a 4 speed with bucket seats?
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

We also have another complete grille with all the pieces. It's pitted pretty bad, but it's all there and there are no cracks. It does have two little dents in the top bar. I'm sure grandad would let you have it at a reasonable cost. We have no use for it. Drop me a line and I'll give you his email address.

63 Daytona HT (project)

Comment

Friend of mine sunk $2300 in to show chroming a '52 grill. Yikes[:0]. He loves it. Good for him. And on a Champion 2-door sedan no less.
            "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

2 headlight bezels, 2 taillight bezels, and the Champion hood ornament rechromed so far. 700 bucks. And this was not the "show" chrome, down from that a notch.
              Ouch! [B)]

I seem to have fallen in love with the one model (52 hardtop) covered with more crappy pot metal than any other Studebaker. Can anyone think of a model worse? (stainless trim doesn't count).

I can see why hot rodders paint all this stuff body color. i don't know if this car will EVEr have a grill back in it.

Dan
              52 hardtop

Comment

Try the 55 Speedster. I have no idea how much I spent on rechroming the pot metal on this one.
                Klif
                55 Speedster/Street Machine
                63 Avanti R2
                64 Convertible R1

Comment

Hey Jeff, Ive heard about your Hawk from time to time,but I don't remember seeing pictures of it before. Was it in your family all these years? What kind of condition is it in now? When are you going to get it on the road?
                  Yea,Im writing a frigging book(G)

Comment

This is the first time I've seen pix of it too.
                    Jeff's dad bought it new and it was also Jeff's first car. He's too occupied with his Coupe Express. Have you seen his Coupe Express? Speaking of his Coupe Express... (never gonna let you live down that drive you owe me. Can't wait to see it with it's new cheesy paint job! Can't forget the magnets...)

63 Daytona HT (project)

Comment

You mean that ol yellar clunker? (G) Yea I saw it up close and personal at South Bend in 02.Nice truck,but I think its got some kind of a wierd foriegn built engine in it.

Comment

Yep, that's the one. It has a 'McKinnon' engine from a 69 Camaro with Stude rocker arm covers. It's a very nice truck, and it gets nicer while sitting behind the wheel watching the speedometer go from left to right rather quickly... [8D] (In other words, I drove it, and had a blast. He owes me another drive for polishin' all that shiny stuff under the hood...)

63 Daytona HT (project)

Comment

Working...
                        X