Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

August Hemmings Classic Car - Lotsa Studes!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you can go to Amazon.com an get Hemmings mags and most major book stores can get them.

Studebaker Fever
    60 Lark
    51 Champion
    Phil

Studebaker Fever
    60 Lark
    56 Power Hawk
    Phil Hendrickson
    Arnold, Missouri

Comment

If you go to Hemmings web site, you can get back issues. Right now, the July issue is the most recent one so, you'd have to wait till next month to buy this as a back issue.

You should look into subscribing. Its a not a bad magazine and its about $18 per year..

Comment

I checked with Hemmings and they cannot permit scanning and posting but George also said if I give him Matthew's address he will personally send him a copy.

Matthew, please email me your address.

Yeah, Matthew and Thank you, George.
        "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Hi
          I just received my copy yesterday and have read all the Studebaker coverage already, very well done and worth buying a copy if you aren't a subscriber.
          HCC is doing a good job of including independent makes each issue as well as the popular cars. It is heartening to see that, after all, they have to sell magazines, volume goes to those to who serve up the reinforcement to the masses hooked on the recognized popular big three models. Many those masses will read the articles on the independents as well.
          HCC also advocates a more realistic, interest-in-the-cars-not-just-their-value-reasons-to-collect. Their dismay with the overheated prices many cars bring at auction is evident, appeals to my sense as well. They encourage inclusion of makes and models frequently dismissed as unworthy of collecting, and feature original, driver condition cars as worthwhile for there usable enjoyable qualities.
          It is a publication worth your yearly subscription.
          Regards
          Steve

Comment

Gee, I just got the July issue last week. They must send it out here by Pony Express.

quote:Gee...I wonder what it would be like to make money on a car?

I've heard of people doing it, never done it myself...(kinda like seeing a UFO...)

63 Avanti R1 2788
            1914 Stutz Bearcat
            (George Barris replica)
            Me too I even lost money on a Mustang convert. I look at it as money spent on entertainment.

Don Wilson
            53 Commander Hardtop
            64 Champ 1/2 ton
            WA state
            Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
            50 Champion 2 door*
            53 Commander K Auto*
            53 Commander K overdrive*
            55 President Speedster
            62 GT 4Speed*
            63 Avanti R1*
            64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Rockne10, thanks a lot! My address is mbstude at yahoo dot com.

Matthew Burnette, the 16 year old Stude nut.
              South Georgia Chapter Newsletter Editor
              63 Daytona HT (project)
              51 Stude dump truck (yes, I won the raffle)
              52 Commander Starliner (basket case)
              MANY more Studes in the family and a few parts cars.
              Click my name and check out "Links".

Comment

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

Rockne10, thanks a lot! My address is mbstude at yahoo dot com.

Matthew Burnette, the 16 year old Stude nut.
                Come on, Matthew <G>. How is he going to send you an issue/copy of the magazine with your e-mail address? Provide the guy with your mailing (snail mail/USPS) mailing address. You should do this off the forum.

Gary L.
                1954 Commander Starliner (restomod)
                1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I guess folk's Matthew's age never had to send out a bill payment or a thank you note to grandma. Thanks for setting him straight.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

1946 M-16 fire truck
                  1948 M-16 grain truck
                  1949 2R16A grain truck
                  1949 2R17A fire truck
                  1955 E-38 grain truck
                  1957 3E-40 flatbed
                  1961 6E-28 grain truck
                  1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck
                  1962 Champ pickup
                  1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
                  1964 Avanti R2 4 speed
                  1964 Cruiser
                  And various other "treasures"
                  Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Has anyone else noticed a possible awakening of the collectable Studebaker? [/quote]

This interest in Studebaker started about three years ago. I believe it is because the are really very few entry level collectible cars out there, and Studebaker meets the need. Once the newbies got their hands on one word spread about them. Along with this a number of motion pictures started using Studebakers, and the biggest boost was toy companies, and model makers, both diecast and plastic discovered there were no licensing issues, trademark infrigments or intellectual property to worry about.
                    AMT/ERTL announced at the 1999 Toy Fair in NY a 1/24 1/25 1950 Bullet Nose kit. I pre-ordered 4 cases, but the market at that point would not support the full tooling costs. I suspect that at this coming Toy Fair in NY it will be added to the line and released in 2007. However, with all this interest in Studebakers, current owners are not bringing them to local cruise nights, and major car shows. We need more participation from current owners to get the car fully known.

Bill

Comment

I think a big attraction to Studes is this: If you'd like to have an old car to tinker with and enjoy, but aren't a millionaire, Studes are perfect: Good cars, lots of resto and NOS stuff available, styling that was stodgy or frumpy 40 years ago is really cool looking in todays world; and best of all, they're comparatively cheap to buy!!

Plus, as I've said before, what car name's more fun to say than, "Studebaker"?

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2358680/1

Comment

I like the fact that when you go to a show or a meet, unless its Studebaker specific, your the only one with one there. Everyone else has a Corvette or Rustang.. Their different and fun to drive..

Comment

Got my copy this weekend. Wow! A LOT of great stuff in there.

Comment

Well I see there is one showed up on ebay for anyone that can't buy one else where
                            sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I guess they changed ponys enough times to finally make it to the Northwest Territory so I finally got my issue. What a nice write up even if it's not always accurate they seem to be the only magazine that trys to include off beat makes.

1961 Lark

Comment

quote:Originally posted by jcarmichael

I guess they changed ponys enough times to finally make it to the Northwest Territory so I finally got my issue. What a nice write up even if it's not always accurate they seem to be the only magazine that trys to include off beat makes.

1961 Lark
                                63 Avanti R1 2788
                                1914 Stutz Bearcat
                                (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                                63 Avanti R1 2788
                                1914 Stutz Bearcat
                                (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Working...
                                X