This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• very little to do with Studes...

Well, as some of you may know, I'm active duty Navy, and the time has come once again...

I learned early on, and even more-so of late, that sailors belong on ships, and those ships belong at sea. It'll be the first step on the long road in preparation for deployment, a deployment which I will not be making, thank goodness! This ought to be my last trip out on a big grey boat forever, so I'll do it and be VERY happy about that fact! Don't worry, it's not forever~ in fact it's only for 'about' four weeks, but I still thought I'd put it out there in case anyone's worried about not hearing from me for awhile.

Everyone do me and all others who serve (or have served) a favor~ pray for us, and for our safe return home when the time comes!!!

In the meantime, keep those Studes where they belong~ ON THE ROAD!!!

[8D]

StudeDave
    V/P San Diego County SDC
    San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr
    '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...)
    '57 Commander 2dr
    '57 Champion 2dr
    '58 Packard sedan
    '65 Cruiser

quote:Originally posted by StudeDave57

Well, as some of you may know, I'm active duty Navy, and the time has come once again...

I learned early on, and even more-so of late, that sailors belong on ships, and those ships belong at sea. It'll be the first step on the long road in preparation for deployment, a deployment which I will not be making, thank goodness! This ought to be my last trip out on a big grey boat forever, so I'll do it and be VERY happy about that fact! Don't worry, it's not forever~ in fact it's only for 'about' four weeks, but I still thought I'd put it out there in case anyone's worried about not hearing from me for awhile.

Everyone do me and all others who serve (or have served) a favor~ pray for us, and for our safe return home when the time comes!!!

In the meantime, keep those Studes where they belong~ ON THE ROAD!!!

[8D]

StudeDave
    V/P San Diego County SDC
    San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr
    '57 Commander 2dr
    '57 Champion 2dr
    '58 Packard sedan
    '65 Cruiser
    As they used to say on Hill Street Blues "Be Careful Out There" and come back to the Stude "family" safely. Though I'm an Aussie, I appreciate the support given to us from the US Military at times of Crisis[^]

John Clements
    Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
    John Clements
    Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Be glad to see you back,we Canucks appreciate your help too.

Comment

You are valuable to us Stude lovers, and are a great contributor here; and your military service is the Lord's work...

Take care, and God bless!!

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)

Comment

Thanks StudeDave,

[u]For all you military guys and girls do </u>to keep the world safe for all of us, whether fighting on foreign soils or just flying the flag proudly near home as you go about your daily duties.

Come home safe and let us hear from you when you can.

Proud to be an American, I'm

Bob (stude53)

Comment

StudeDave ,You and all your shipmates have my prayers and best wishes for good luck in your endevors.I just buried my uncle this saturday.He was wounded in WWII,and had a full miltary service,if it wasnt for our military throught our past we wouldnt be able to drive our Studebakers .When they play Taps theres ju st no way to describe the feeling .Good luck and a save return and GOD BLESS. DAVE(redneck stude freak)

Comment

StudeDave, you ought to get yourself attached to an aircraft carrier and find a way to sneak your car on board! OK, maybe that wouldn't work, but I bet it would be a great morale booster for the crew to have a Studebaker on board as a mascot!

Good luck on your journey.
              "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Go do your "tour", Dave. Then get you butt back here where you're REALLY needed - in the Studebaker realm!

Of course, "hats off" to you and the rest of the military. My regrets of my service days are that I didn't stay in long enough to retire.[V] Maybe next time..............

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe
                1957 President 2-dr
                1955 President State
                1951 Champion Biz cpe
                1963 Daytona project FS
                No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Bob,
                  Ditto for me too!...Dave, you're a TRUE AMERICAN! Thank you for your service to our country.
                  Dan Miller

Comment

Hey Dave,

Make it home safe...and keep a look over your collective shoulders.
                    Make one of those 21 inchers hit good for all us Stude guys.

Mike

Comment

Thank you all for your support! I and my co-workers can't tell you what it's like to know our Country is behind us. I forgot to mention that I'll be re-enlisting for two more years (the last two of my career! ) on the Fourth of July as well. If it all works out as planned, I get to ride in one of my squadron's helos as part of the deal. Oh, and for the record Scott- I AM on a carrier! [:0]

[8D]

StudeDave
                      V/P San Diego County SDC
                      San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr
                      '57 Commander 2dr
                      '57 Champion 2dr
                      '58 Packard sedan
                      '65 Cruiser
                      StudeDave '57
                      US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                      SDC Member since 1985

past President
                      Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                      San Diego Chapter SDC
                      North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Than you for you service Dave. We're damn proud of you guys.

Comment

Dave,
                          Thank you for your service to our great country, will be praying for your safe return. GOD Bless you and your shipmates

Studebaker Fever
                          60 Lark
                          51 Champion
                          Phil

Studebaker Fever
                          60 Lark
                          56 Power Hawk
                          Phil Hendrickson
                          Arnold, Missouri

Comment

Good luck, Dave. I was out to see your dad today. Picked up some "correct" wheel covers for my '55. Got a tour of one of the biggest Studebaker and Stude parts collections in Whatcom County [] [8D]

Dick Steinkamp
                            Bellingham, WA

Comment

Thanks Dick for supporting my son Dave, and thanks to ALL of you out there for your thoughts and prayers.[^] Dave has been to "the Gulf" if my count is correct three times already so I guess he does not need another "Cruise". Anyway when his ship gets it's turn he will be in his new onshore assignment.
                              He and his brother Mike are carrying out a long tradition of Studebaker drivers, ever since his Grandfather a Stude saleman in Southern Calif. from '55 to '63 bought his first new Stude.in 1932.
                              Dad also served in the Navy as a Chief Petty Officer in WWII and the cuban chrisis during which he returned to active duty and when he got back to Reserve duty U.S. Studebaker production was gone, so he just kept driving them, as we plan to do.

Rich.

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

Good luck, Dave. I was out to see your dad today. Picked up some "correct" wheel covers for my '55. Got a tour of one of the biggest Studebaker and Stude parts collections in Whatcom County [] [8D]

StudeRich
                              Ferndale, WA
                              StudeRich
                              Second Generation Stude Driver,
                              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                              X