This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any Falcon fans??

Hey. Are there any Falcon fans/owners out there? If so, I have the rarest thing you will ever see in your Falcon collectiing live! It is a wooden plaque that would hang in a Ford dealership in 1964. It has a picture of a red 1964 Ford Falcon on the front. And on the back it say: See what you get for the price of a '64 Falcon! (A million dollars worth of good looks. A ride that makes you forget it's a compact. Economy that reminds you it is.") Ford Falcon, Fairlane, Ford, Thunderbird. It is in GREAT cond. I would like to know what it is worth/what someone would give me for it.
    Thanks

1960 Studebaker Lark VI 2 door
    1962 Rambler Classic Custom 4 door
    1980 MGB 2 door Convertible

Well just put it on ebay and you'll more then likely get more then its worth
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

well, I am goin to try that, but I am not sure what to start it at. It looks like it could get $75.00. But is also looks like it could get $7.00. So I am not sure what to price it at.
      Thanks

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 1960lark6

well, I am goin to try that, but I am not sure what to start it at. It looks like it could get $75.00. But is also looks like it could get $7.00. So I am not sure what to price it at.
        Doesn't matter. Start it at $1, and let the auction process take its course. If you have a price in mind that you won't take less than, make that your reserve.

www.davesplaceinc.com
        sigpic
        Dave Lester

Comment

Fords are getting so incredibly bashed in the media lately that I'm not sure it's totally safe to say but I really love Ford Falcons and Fords in general. Shoot me but I like the new Ford 500. My daily driver is a 1995 Thunderbird that has been incredibly reliable. My other daily vehicle is the Ford Ranger-based Mazda B-series pickup. Great good luck with that one too so far and it is 7 years old. Studes come first, Fords second. And I agree with earlier posts. Put your Ford Falcon item on eBay, start it at $9.49, no reserve, and see what you'll get for it.

Studedude1961
          --1963 Cruiser

Comment

Ive always thought the little Falcons from the early sixtys (esp the hardtops) were neat,and Im no Ford fan. A guy I know has a pristine 62 HT and when I had my 62 Daytona Lark we compared them,I drove his,he drove mine,we each found things we liked about the others car but still liked are own better. It wasn't really a fair test as my Lark had a 259 and his Falcon had the little six banger,but they are neat looking cars.

Comment

Put it on e-bay and start the bidding at about 9.99 with no reserve. It will bring whatever it merits. In other words if it is a rare, desired piece, Ford nuts will compete for ownership. A while back I listed a 1966 Mustang GT fast back factory AMT promo model for $19.66. no reserve. I didn't know its true worth and by researching a bit expected somewhere near $70.00. Bidding ended at $256.00. My cost. $2.00. Yee Haa! Thank you Goodwill. All the while there were offers to end the auction. My response. "Sorry, I don't end auctions early." Go for it. jimmijim
              sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

I just re-read your post. Would you take 20.00 for It? Never mind what I said in the previous post. jimmijim
                sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

I don't know about the '64 and later Falcons, but I know that here in PA a common affliction the 60 through 63's had was the metal around the headlight buckets would rust out and the headlights would eventally fall out. [xx(] Not good for safe nighttime driving. As much rust as Studebakers developed in various places, at least their headlights didn't fall out.

Comment

thanks, I will consider $20.00. I will know next week. I got it at goodwill too!!! LOL

Comment

Working...
                    X