X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Studebaker Coincidence!

http://hometown.aol.com/r1skytop/myhomepage/index.html

quote:Originally posted by r1lark
    Yea, that's the problem with these Studebakers...always needing the shift linkage adjusted.

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Problem and problem, 28 years between adjustments seems pretty decent to me.
      /H

Comment

Amazing![:0]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President 2-dr
        1955 President State
        1951 Champion Biz cpe
        1963 Daytona project FS
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by hank63

Problem and problem, 28 years between adjustments seems pretty decent to me.
          /H
          Well, I figure if I had not changed the straight 3 speed to an O/D tranny, it might have went ANOTHER 28 years without needing an adjustment<G>......

Paul

Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: http://hometown.aol.com/r1skytop/myhomepage/index.html
          Paul
          Winston-Salem, NC
          Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

The '51 champion business coupe I own was the result of the original owner being told his transmission was shot...when if fact out turned out
            to be a missing cotter pin (39 cents) in the linkeage...so without getting a second opinion he advertised and sold the car to friends of mine for $35.00....they sold it to me three years later for
            $65.39.....the amount they'd spent for the car, a set of used tires and "repairs"....

That's my amazing "linkeage" story....

Comment

Working...
            X