X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karl
    replied
    Hi John, I will roll into town on the Tuesday with the Twin. Will try to come over and say hi. Karl

Leave a comment:

• Starlite51
    replied
    Slinger

yes those were the days --- but sadly we can't bring them back -- but at least there are still a lot of the original vendors from 1965 still coming to the Reno (Harrah) swap meet..
    I sure hope you guys can make it this year.. I just never know what shows up each year .. i do know there is an all original Pierce Arrow booked in the swap meet car corral --plus of course GTO's - Camaros - F100's , 32' Fords,

and a you will be able to buy a a complete NEW reproduction 1962 Vette body ready to set on an Art Morrison frame...(I think I wil talk to him about reproducing a 53 Starlight .. stock and chopped versions ... )

looking at about 981 vendors and 1,200 cars in the car corral this year .. wear your Studebaker T shirts and Hats so I can shake you hand when I see you on the grounds ,, and the vendors will know you are looking for Studebaker stuff..

www.renoswapmeet.com ..

The Staffords from San Martin CA who own a GT Hawk will be there selling Dri Wash & Guard .. you won't belive the shine on that Hawk

there are some rooms left call-- 1 800 For Reno to see whats available

John Sweeney
    Folsom CA
    1951 Studebaker Champion Business Coupe
    "Lone Dog ... No Woof"
    www.cruisinnews.com
    www.renoswapmeet.com

Leave a comment:

• slinger
    replied
    Remember when the swap meet was off Glendale Rd. not far from HAC? THOSE were the days!

Leave a comment:

• KGlowacky
    replied
    Been there many times, plan on attending again this year. For those have noy been,you are indeed missing what I consider to be the best overall car event of the year. Although not alot of studes it is 3 or 4 days where everywhere you turn there is a old car and most of the time you don't see the same one twice. Reno actualy closes the dowtown streets during the day for car parking and opens them up just for cruising at night. Well I could on and on but if you get a chance it is worth it. It is as it says though HOT<HOT<HOT(temp). Hope to see you there.

Leave a comment:

• StudeDave57
    replied
    Sweet~ something to do while I'm stuck in Fallon for the ENTIRE month!

[8D]

StudeDave
    V/P San Diego County SDC
    San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr
    '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...)
    '57 Commander 2dr
    '57 Champion 2dr
    '58 Packard sedan
    '65 Cruiser

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic RENO SWAP MEET August 3-4-5

RENO SWAP MEET August 3-4-5

I would like to invite all of you Studebaker guys to come up to my swap meet

I don't have that many Studebaker cars or parts ... but you guys are really welcome and I will give you the VIP treatment on spaces and any help that I can. The club is welcome to a free booth inside the main building (air-conditioned)...we need to educate these 57 Chevy & 32 Ford guys what sets us apart and above?

We are 3 days, Aug 3-4-5 at the Reno Livestock Events Center

this is our 41st year .. the meet was founded by Bill Harrah -- we'll have about 1,200 vendors and about 1,000 cars in the car corrals plus we are partners with Reno's Hot August Nights (this year 5,500 cars registered to cruise the streets of Reno & Sparks ) and Mitch Silvers Auction, he will auction 1100+ cars... it's a great time to come to Reno and catch all the fun. And visit the National Auto Museum .. whats left of the great Harrah collection .. has a few nice Studebakers in there.

my email is renoswapmeet@aol.com website www.renoswapmeet.com

be sure to mention that you saw this posting so that I know you are a Studebaker club forum guy ....

John Sweeney
Working...
X