X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turn signal trim on a 1950 top of fendor

Hi Folks,

In surfing through Ebay, I ran across someone selling a 1950 Champion parts car. Too far away for me to be of interest, but there was something I did not recognize. Maybe someone could shed some light.

There were chrome trim pieces atop each fendor with a lense mounted in the front of each piece. I am assuming this might have been the turn signals??? My car does not have signals.....yet.

Anyway, were these made for a Champion?

Any help would be appreciated.

Tim Porter
    Hebron Illinois
    1950 Champion 2dr

Sounds like the Commander fender trim with the little glass jewel on the front. (does not light up)

Studebaker On The Net http://stude.com
    Studebaker News Group

64 Daytona HT
    64 R2 4 speed Challenger
    63 R2 4 speed GT Black
    63 R2 4 speed GT White
    63 GT Hawk
    63 Avanti
    62 Daytona HT
    53 Coupe

JDP Maryland

Comment

But could be made to with a little ingenuity.[}] And were optional on the Champion;at least in 1951. The Commander front fenders in 1950 were longer than the Champion but I would think the trim should still fit.[?]
      If your car came not equipped with turn signals, the wiring should send the current to the parking lights.
      There was some discussion on this just last week.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

The correct ones for 1950-51 Champion have a little fin at the front edge instead of a jewel. AC-2026.

Dwain G.
        Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Hey, Thanks everyone.

If this trim was designed for a Commander, I am not going to put it on a Champion. I want to keep the car correct, if at all possible.

I purchased an aftermarket turn signal kit from EMPI and hopefully will get a chance to start installing it in the next couple of weeks. I am intending to use the existing lights for the signals.

Thanks again.

Tim

Tim Porter
          Hebron Illinois
          1950 Champion 2dr

Comment

Working...
          X