This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Astral

Some time ago we talked about the Astral-it was not on display in May.Here is a pic I took in March.Kinda looks like a Rambler?

LaSalle,Il
    61Hawk
    60Lark

Kind of looks like a cross between the dune buggy on Scooby-Doo and a vehicle George Jetson might fly around in!

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

1946 M-16 fire truck
    1948 M-16 grain truck
    1949 2R16A grain truck
    1949 2R17A fire truck
    1955 E-38 grain truck
    1957 3E-40 flatbed
    1961 6E-28 grain truck
    1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck
    1962 Champ pickup
    1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
    1964 Avanti R2 4 speed
    1964 Cruiser
    And various other "treasures"
    Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Does anyone know if this thing ever sported a canopy of any sort? Was it even supposed to? If so, I imagine it never had one because such a bubble would've been expensive to make.
      The Astral always makes me think of the Ford Lev-a-car. Anybody remember that concept vehicle? Rode around on a cushion of air. I had a model kit of one that came with a rubber hose. You could make it glide across a smooth surface via lung power.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President 2-dr
      1955 President State
      1951 Champion Biz cpe
      1963 Daytona project FS
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

As I remember, that was supposed to be Atomic Powered. I have studied that thing, and could never figure out, how it was supposed to move, and where was the Atomic Energy power plant supposedly going to be mounted.

BG

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bondobilly

As I remember, that was supposed to be Atomic Powered. I have studied that thing, and could never figure out, how it was supposed to move, and where was the Atomic Energy power plant supposedly going to be mounted.

BG
          Well duh-same place they put the heater core in the Hawk,under the passenger seat!!!

LaSalle,Il
          61Hawk
          60Lark
          Oglesby,Il.

Comment

The same body was used to built the Packard Galaxie after Packard's intergalactic division was shut down in Detroit and production was concentrated at Luner Central in South Bend. Packard stylist added a fishmouth and higher tailfins to the Astral. It was known as an Astaxie by detractors.

Studedude1961
            --1963 Cruiser

(Sorry it was late and I felt I needed to contribute something)

Comment

Working...
            X