This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Studebaker Saturday

There's a fella that lives behind my patio home that drives a 65 Corvair convertible. He's dropped by the house several times and asked me if I wanted to do a car show with him, but it seems like I'm always tied up doing something. Well, he stopped by a week ago and told me about a little local show that was going to happen on Saturday at a nearby church. He was taking his Corvair, so I thought what the heck, I'd take the Cruiser. Here's a few pics:

We had a great time and I had the only Studebaker in the show. Even won a trophy for being in the top 20. Okay, so there were only 48 cars, but I did beat out some street rods and a few 55-57 Chevy's

Congrats Mark!
    Handsome looking Stude, and well prepared to show!
    Jeff[8D]
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 65cruiser

There's a fella that lives behind my patio home that drives a 65 Corvair convertible. He's dropped by the house several times and asked me if I wanted to do a car show with him, but it seems like I'm always tied up doing something. Well, he stopped by a week ago and told me about a little local show that was going to happen on Saturday at a nearby church. He was taking his Corvair, so I thought what the heck, I'd take the Cruiser. Here's a few pics:
      Very nice Cruiser, Mark [^]. Your neighbor's Corvair isn't bad either.

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

WAY TO GO, Mark!

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President 2-dr
        1955 President State
        1951 Champion Biz cpe
        1963 Daytona project FS
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I like the part about beating out a few 55 / 57 Chevys. I like them but there are just so many of them around that it is nice to see someone with somthing different.

1961 Lark

Comment

Thanks for all the comments. She don't look too bad for a driver does she[^]? Funny, people just sort of pass over the 55/57 Chevy's anymore. At this show there was 1 55, and 3 57s. All were really nice cars, but once you've seen one, well, you know the rest The other car at the show that really caught my eye was a mint, 1975 Maverick 2-door. Looked brand new. There's one you don't see many of anymore.

quote:Originally posted by jcarmichael

I like the part about beating out a few 55 / 57 Chevys. I like them but there are just so many of them around that it is nice to see someone with somthing different.

1961 Lark

Comment

Is that a stock paint color? It's become my favorite, I think. By the way, I can't stand how even the bolts holding down the tray over the grille are bright and clean. It doesn't look like ANY Studebaker I've ever owned! Kind of unnatural...
              "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

It's the stock color, Laguna Blue, although it has had one repaint and this mix is just a shade different, you can slightly see the difference if you look under the hood, that's all original. This car really hasn't had much work done to it, it's just been well maintained and obviously garage kept its entire life.

quote:Originally posted by Scott

Is that a stock paint color? It's become my favorite, I think. By the way, I can't stand how even the bolts holding down the tray over the grille are bright and clean. It doesn't look like ANY Studebaker I've ever owned! Kind of unnatural...

Comment

The comment about the Maverick got me.[)] I was in Los Angeles on Saturday and saw a stock Mushtang Too and a stock Pinto in traffic in the course of the day! Almost as rare as seeing a Stude in traffic![:0]

BTW, I visited with an ex Studebaker/AvantiII dealer Saturday evening. Got to see some photos taken at the dealership as well as in the Avanti II production area in the late 60s.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe
                  1957 President 2-dr
                  1955 President State
                  1951 Champion Biz cpe
                  1963 Daytona project FS
                  No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I saw a Pinto driving through town,thought about following the guy to find out if he was a member of the 'Pinto Drivers Club'!!
                    Oh No-now I'm starting to like the Later 'Lark Types'too! And the P-Bakers!
                    Can't afford this!!!

LaSalle,Il
                    61Hawk
                    60Lark
                    Oglesby,Il.

Comment

52Hawk writes: "thought about following the guy to find out if he was a member of the 'Pinto Drivers Club'!!"

You think someone would actually own up to being a member? [8]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                      1960 Larkvertible V8
                      1958 Provincial wagon
                      1953 Commander coupe
                      1957 President 2-dr
                      1955 President State
                      1951 Champion Biz cpe
                      1963 Daytona project FS

Comment

"You think someone would actually own up to being a member?"
                        Sure Biggs,probaly some guy that survived the fireball when a Pinto he was in got rear ended(G)

Comment

quote: "thought about following the guy to find out if he was a member of the 'Pinto Drivers Club'!!"
                          quote:You think someone would actually own up to being a member? [8]
                          http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/...treetmachines/

www.davesplaceinc.com
                          sigpic
                          Dave Lester

Comment

Working...
                          X