No announcement yet.

Borg Clock Confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call Red Line Gauges in Humbolt Tenn. Look them up on goggle. Ask for John. He can do anyting and he will tell you if and why a Stude would be more. I do know my 56 does not have a second hand and one of the two hands is a cap hand. This may be the reason. Just a guess. John can tell you. Let us know.

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
    Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

Call Red Line Gauges in Humbolt Tenn. Look them up on goggle. Ask for John. He can do anyting and he will tell you if and why a Stude would be more. I do know my 56 does not have a second hand and one of the two hands is a cap hand. This may be the reason. Just a guess. John can tell you. Let us know.

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
      Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

'Can You use a 6 volt clock in a 12 volt car after you clean it"
        YES, I have a 6 volt clock running in my son's 12 volt car. You need a dropping resistor in series to do so . J.C. Whitney sells same. Or was it meant as a "put down"?

...Dick

1950 Champion Starlight
        1963 Hawk GT
        Santa Barbara
        CA

The 1950 Champion Starlight
        Santa Barbara
        CA

Comment

'Can You use a 6 volt clock in a 12 volt car after you clean it"
          YES, I have a 6 volt clock running in my son's 12 volt car. You need a dropping resistor in series to do so . J.C. Whitney sells same. Or was it meant as a "put down"?

...Dick

1950 Champion Starlight
          1963 Hawk GT
          Santa Barbara
          CA

Santa Barbara
          CA

Comment

Nope, I think it's called a STEPDOWN!

John

Comment

Nope, I think it's called a STEPDOWN!

John

Comment

Not a "stepdown" that would be a transformer(don't work on D.C) it is a
                "voltage divider circuit".
                Santa Barbara
                CA

Comment

Not a "stepdown" that would be a transformer(don't work on D.C) it is a
                  "voltage divider circuit".
                  Santa Barbara
                  CA

Comment

No, it's not a voltage divider. It's a dropping resistor. A voltage divider has two resistors in series across the power supply, so that the reduced voltage (6 volts in this case) is obtained at the connection between the two resistors. Assuming the resistors are sized correctly, it gives a more stable voltage than a dropping resistor.

Frank Starr, P.E.
                    Seattle

Comment

No, it's not a voltage divider. It's a dropping resistor. A voltage divider has two resistors in series across the power supply, so that the reduced voltage (6 volts in this case) is obtained at the connection between the two resistors. Assuming the resistors are sized correctly, it gives a more stable voltage than a dropping resistor.

Frank Starr, P.E.
                      Seattle

Comment

Frank,

You are more right. I considered the load eg. clock coil resistance to be the second resistor in series
                        with the "dropping resistor" to divide the 12 volts into 6 volts across it and 6 volts across the load(clock).
                        Dick Curtis
                        Korean War GCA radar repairman who should know better,
                        Santa Barbara
                        CA

Comment

Frank,

You are more right. I considered the load eg. clock coil resistance to be the second resistor in series
                          with the "dropping resistor" to divide the 12 volts into 6 volts across it and 6 volts across the load(clock).
                          Dick Curtis
                          Korean War GCA radar repairman who should know better,
                          Santa Barbara
                          CA

Comment

Working...
                          X