This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next So. Cal. show

Stude show at La Palma park in Orange County, Sunday May 28.
    Usually a nice turnout.

Be there...

Mike

I plan to be there~ anyone else besides Mike and myself?

[8D]

StudeDave
    San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr
    '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...)
    '57 Commander 2dr
    '57 Champion 2dr
    '58 Packard sedan
    '65 Cruiser
    StudeDave '57
    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
    SDC Member since 1985

past President
    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
    San Diego Chapter SDC
    North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Yes.

Ross.
      Riverside, Ca.
      1957 Provincial X2
      1958 Transtar
      1961 Cruiser
      sigpic
      Ross.
      Riverside, Ca.
      1957 Provincial X2
      1958 Transtar

Comment

Doesnt anyone do anything on the OTHER side of LA??[V]

Tom

1963 Studebaker Avanti, 102,000, custom made brake brackets to mount 1998 Mustang GT 4 wheel disc brakes (soon to get 13" Cobra front brakes, 2003 Mustang Cobra 17" wheels, GM altenator, will be getting : 97 Camaro Z28 tan leather seats, 97 Camaro Z28 T-56 6-speed trans, Ported 'R3' style Avanti heads with stainless full flow valves, 'R3' 276 duration cam w/chrysler solid lifters, shortened push rods, aluminum cam gear, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires, waiting in the garage.
        '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
        Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
        http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
        I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Which other side....

Canada, Mexico (na...!), Europe

Comment

My partner & I are planning to make our first Studebaker event

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mike Van Veghten

Which other side....
              The other side from the OC. Or better yet, in Santa Barbara!

Tom
              '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
              Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
              I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

quote:Originally posted by sbca96

Which other side....
                The other side from the OC. Or better yet, in Santa Barbara!

Tom
                Many of us travel thousands of miles to attend Studebaker meets, and you are not happy with one in your half of the state and would like one in your city/county <G>. I recommend that you arrange a Studebaker meet just where you want it. I have put on dozens of meets, so I have "walked the walk."

Gary L.
                1954 Commander Starliner (restomod)
                1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Yes Mike, I will be there but with my Toy truck in the swap area.

Comment

I understand that my club did a really nice Zone Meet down this way several years ago...
                    We were working to do another one, but can't find a location within our budget anymore~ [B)] [:0]
                    It's gonna have to happen somewhere else... [8)] [V]

[8D]

StudeDave
                    V/P San Diego County SDC
                    San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr
                    '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...)
                    '57 Commander 2dr
                    '57 Champion 2dr
                    '58 Packard sedan
                    '65 Cruiser
                    StudeDave '57
                    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                    SDC Member since 1985

past President
                    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                    San Diego Chapter SDC
                    North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

i think the closest zone me for me was in south jawga. would love to have one within 200 miles of me.

Comment

Studegary,

Don't have to be quite so chitty about it. Some of us can drive the 150/200 miles to attend an event....some can't. For various reasons.

Lighten up a bit.

Mike

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studegary
                          Many of us travel thousands of miles to attend Studebaker meets, and you are not happy with one in your half of the state and would like one in your city/county <G>.
                          Actually, if it was in Santa Barbara it would still be a 55 mile trip.
                          I could attend a meet further away, but I sure would like to bring my
                          Avanti! Currently, I do not trust it more then 100 miles, core plugs
                          leaking is the first concern. Going to a Stude meet in my Impala SS
                          just doesnt seem "right". I also drive OVER 500 miles a week, just to
                          get to work, so driving another 300 or more miles when I finally get a
                          weekend, is not on my list. Then gas is 3.50 a gallon for regular and
                          the Avanti pings on anything less then super - 4.00 a gallon now. To
                          go to work I spend about 400 dollars a month JUST for gas. Someone was
                          complaining to me the other day in Tenn., 2.90 a gallon, I laughed, it
                          hasnt been that cheap here in YEARS! I tried to restart the local
                          club years ago, and had a meet - about 4 cars showed up.[V]

I realize it sounds like pitiful concerns to you, but they are real to
                          me. Besides, I wasnt refering to a zone meet, just a gathering.

Don't have to be quite so chitty about it. Some of us can drive the 150/200 miles to attend an event....some can't. For various reasons.

Lighten up a bit.
                          Thanks Mike.

Tom

Comment

I guess that some of you missed the <G> in my response. I don't know how to put those silly grinning faces in the post as some do. We do lose inflection with the written word.

I wasn't refering to a Zone Meet, just a get together. I appreciate that you tried to get a meet to work, Tom, and I understand your frustration. I once organized a Studebaker meet, advertised and purchased trophies and the weather turned out to be terrible. Besides me, two other Studebakers showed up, when normally there would have been about 60. This didn't deter me from trying again.

I can understand what you mean about driving, but I am talking about what you do a couple of times a year, not daily. I have had many years when I put 35K-65K miles per year for work. I paid $3.219 for gas in one of the "cheap" stations yesterday. About the same as when I came back from our Zone Meet last September.

Gary L.
                            1954 Commander Starliner (restomod)
                            1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
                            Gary L.
                            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studegary

I guess that some of you missed the <G> in my response.
                              Sorry .. I did miss that.
                              quote:I appreciate that you tried to get a meet to work, Tom, and I understand your frustration. I once organized a Studebaker meet, advertised and purchased trophies and the weather turned out to be terrible. Besides me, two other Studebakers showed up, when normally there would have been about 60. This didn't deter me from trying again.
                              It deterred me, I was 22 at the time, barely could scrape the money
                              together to rent the park. After that experience, and the attitudes
                              of many of the people I contacted, I gave the rosters back to the old
                              President and gave up. I went to one meet in "The Valley" after that
                              and had a flock of people writing down info, and taking pictures of
                              the reverse open Hawk hood I designed. Then I kinda fell out of it.
                              Shortly after I wrecked the Hawk.
                              quote:I can understand what you mean about driving, but I am talking about what you do a couple of times a year, not daily.
                              I realize that its not a daily thing, but I sure that you will agree
                              that after driving that much during the week, the last thing you want
                              to do on the weekend is take a 450 mile round trip! Once I get the
                              T-56 6 spd into the Avanti it will be a different story. Right now,
                              the Avanti is just way too unconfortable to drive more then 60 miles
                              at one sitting. My back doesnt like the lack of a lumbar support, and
                              the exhaust has many leaks/drone. The few times I have driven it to
                              my work, I have smelled of exhaust, and been dizzy. It LOOKS a lot
                              better then it is mechanically, which is opposite of the Hawk, it was
                              rough, but ran like a top!

Tom

Comment

Working...
                              X