This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Birthday Ted Harbit!

Today (Sunday, May 7, 2006) is Ted Harbit's 71st Birthday! [8D] Not as dramatic as last year's big Seven-OH [:0] but from now on, Ted will take any he can get!
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TED, and many more!! BP

Happy Birthday TED! Long live the go-fast guy![:0]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Happy Birthday, Mr. Harbit

I've never met you in the flesh, but feel I know you from all the Turning Wheels race reports, technical articles, and stories about your exploits. I did get to see the Chicken Hawk once at a SDC International meet. So from now on I'm Bob and you are Ted, okay?

I'll be 67 this year, so you don't have much of a lead on me, but I'll never catch you. I lived in Dayton, OH for thirty years and never knew you were in Fairborn. I live in NC now (no snow to shovel).

Regards,

Bob Feaganes (stude53)

Comment

Happy Birthday, Ted!

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

Happy birthday, Ted. I hope you have a good one!

- Eman

1951 Commander Starlight Coupe (aka "Stella")
          www.bulletshots.net
          www.bulletshots.net/blog

Comment

Many happy returns, Ted!
            For all the bearings, gaskets, pistons, etc., you've sold me, that all fit and worked without a hitch...and for all the great advice you've given & whining you've heard through the years from many of us, and for proving you're never too old to play with cars, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Comment

quote:and for proving you're never too old to play with cars, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
              YEAH!

I don't know that I ever want to be as old as Ted is, but I would like someday, when I grow up, to be at least as nice a fellow as he is, or at least, as fast. Few guys can pull both off!

Have a happy one, Ted!

www.davesplaceinc.com
              sigpic
              Dave Lester

Comment

It looks like old Ted will be running in a 50 Fastest Muscle Car shootout at INDY. Exact dates to be announced (if anyone is interested).

PR man Palma lives close enough to Raceway Park he might find time to be there, dontcha think? Stay tuned Studebaker fans.

Also, Hot Rod magazine has a story on the Chicken Hawk coming out in the August isue. Should be good.

sigpic
                Lark Parker --Just an innocent possum strolling down life's highway.

Comment

Happy birthday Ted, keep it on the floor!!
                  Dan Miller

Comment

I too wish to add my "happy birthday" wishes!

1961 Lark

Comment

Happy B-day Ted,and thanks for all the parts,and the advice over the years.
                      And it was a real treat to meet you and see the Chicken Hawk

Comment

Thanks guys. You make an old guy feel pretty good! Couple of comments: Stude 53 (you Bob, me Ted, good) I am not from Fairborn. I'm in Indiana located right between Indy and Ft. Wayne, about 60 mile from each. Phil Harris (that took over our parts business is from Fairborn, Ohio).

Next to Studedude: I hope you didn't mean what you said, quote, "don't know that I ever want to be as old as Ted . . ." Man, you gotta be close to 50 and you know how fast the time goes as you get older. I remember when I was 20 (yes, I can still remember that far back) I thought 50 was OLD! Now 80 doesn't seem nearly as old as it used to. So I want you to reconsider and will want to live way OLDER than me. You're too valuable to not want to, and DO IT.

Thanks again everyone.

Ted

Comment

Happy Birthday to you Ted. I'm only 2 years behind you and I'm happy to get as many birthdays as I can and continue to enjoy my Stude.
                          Many happy returns of the day.
                          Rog
                          '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                          Smithtown,NY
                          Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

quote:Next to Studedude: I hope you didn't mean what you said, quote, "don't know that I ever want to be as old as Ted . . ." Man, you gotta be close to 50 and you know how fast the time goes as you get older. I remember when I was 20 (yes, I can still remember that far back) I thought 50 was OLD! Now 80 doesn't seem nearly as old as it used to. So I want you to reconsider and will want to live way OLDER than me. You're too valuable to not want to, and DO IT.
                            Following an inspirational speech like that, I now feel compelled to do so! Thanks, Ted!

www.davesplaceinc.com
                            sigpic
                            Dave Lester

Comment

Working...
                            X