• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicest Caribbean in captivity?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1956-...temZ4637089153
    Got to be close to it!

Captivity? If it's on Ebay, then the cage door must be open[:0]
    Very handsome vehicle......
    I wonder how much of the $85000 BIN is the 'investment' part of the seller???
    Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by Transtar56

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1956-...temZ4637089153
    Got to be close to it!
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

An extremely beautiful car.Gets my vote.

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK

Captivity? If it's on Ebay, then the cage door must be open[:0]
        Very handsome vehicle......
        I wonder how much of the $85000 BIN is the 'investment' part of the seller???
        Jeff[8D]

Not much, Jeff;

Depending on what they started with, it could darn well use up 85 Gs getting it to this point. [}] I wish he had installed the rear fender shields for a couple of the photos. I see them in the trunk, and would hope they would install and fit as they should!
        GORGEOUS car indeed. []
        There was a black 1956 Caribbean convertible at the Warren OH Packard Centennial in 1999, but I didn't look it over carefully enough to see if it was this car. I don't think it was. [:I] BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Two thumbs UP for this beauty.
          While sitting in the Antarctic in 1956 I recall seeing a magazine article with similar eye appealing ride. Thought was then and again today, that my posterior would fit nicely.
          What a classic.

'49 Starlight Coupe
          1936 Miller Replica

Comment

Nice Looking Packard, but a $75,000!!! restoration job? Who did they have doing the work-Lawyers?

Comment

Cars like this is the reason I buy lottery tickets.

Comment

I see this car is listed in the current Hemmings (June 06)... says, "$60K Resto" and "ASKING $74,900"...

I'd sure be leery of paying that kind of money for a car with that much discrepancy between descriptions... wonder what the facts really are...?

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)

Comment

That is truely an awesome looking Packard. I wish he needed a trunk lock cloisonne emblem for it as I would sell him a gorgeous one for for about $1500.00. Any one else can have it for about $150.00. Sorry, no key. jimmijim
                  sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Wow,66900 and still 5 days to go.
                    Watched some of the Barret-Jackson auction the other night,makes this car seem cheap in comparison,and Id rather have it than ANY muscle car.

Comment

72,600,reserve still not met,shes soon gonna be out of my price range(G)

Comment

SOLD,for 72,600.

Comment

Wow! That's some magnificent car. I can't afford such luxury but I certainly appreciate it. I agree with a previous poster that I'd rather have that Packard than any of those brand X cars selling for similar money.
                          Rog
                          '59 Lark Regal Hardtop
                          '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                          Smithtown,NY
                          Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

It was bid to $72,600 but did not make reserve. As to the restoration costs, I once sold a 56 Chrysler for a fellow on ebay that had spent 67K with a shop for a trailer queen restoration.

Studebaker On The Net http://stude.com
                            Studebaker News Group
                            http://groups.google.com/group/alt.autos.studebaker
                            64 Daytona HT
                            64 R2 4 speed Challenger
                            63 R2 4 speed GT Black
                            63 R2 4 speed GT White
                            63 GT Hawk
                            63 Avanti
                            62 Daytona HT
                            53 Coupe

JDP Maryland

Comment

I think it may have sold JP, the auction ended with about four days left.

Comment

Working...
                              X