This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap Avanti interior

It took lots of soap, water, interior cleaner and mildew remover, but I got 90% of the crap off the seats and dash. I'll do a better job once I'm done getting greasy.

I'm going to replace the cardboard on the door panels when I get back from South Bend. (Old ones are water warped)

Studebaker On The Net http://stude.com
    64 R2 4 speed Challenger
    63 R2 4 speed GT Black
    63 R2 4 speed GT White
    63 Avanti
    54 3R Pickup

I wish soap and water could mend all the tears in the front seat of my Cruiser. I'm tired of sitting on a towel.
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Try using water with simple green mixed in. We have the exact same color Avanti with the same interior. We used it to clean the back seat & front seats. It took 5 tries. after the final wash we used a vynal conditioner and rubbed over the seats another 3 or 4 times. They came out great. The drivers seat had to be sent out. The bottom was shot & the padding had dried out. It works on the seat belts too. Just avoid using it on the label, if its still attached or it will remove the ink.

Comment

Jdp, a quick question. Were putting new carpeting in & want to replace the pieces on the door panel. Whats the easiest/safest way to remove the panel without ripping the carboard. The panel is in very good shape. The car has power windows. Also, the S pieces/emblems on the rear roof panels. Do they get pried off or do you have to pull the inside panel off to get at them ?

Comment

Just be sure and remove all the screws including those in the arm rest pocket and pop the clips with a putty knief. You need to remove the rear quarter windows, and peel the vinyl back to get to the nutson the roof emblems.

64 R2 4 speed Challenger
          63 R2 4 speed GT Black
          63 R2 4 speed GT White
          63 Avanti
          54 3R Pickup

JDP Maryland

Comment

Thanks for the info JDP..

Comment

Great looking interior, I love the color and I'd love to see an orange interior in person.
              I'm getting my front two seats refoamed and recovered (back seat is original and in good shape)...are those flaps of materiel that cover the seat back hinge or are they a cover of somne sort?
              If so, where can I get the cover?

63 Avanti R1 2788
              1914 Stutz Bearcat
              (George Barris replica)

Washington State
              63 Avanti R1 2788
              1914 Stutz Bearcat
              (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

They have a little plastic cover, I think they have been repro'ed.

64 Daytona HT
                64 R2 4 speed Challenger
                63 R2 4 speed GT Black
                63 R2 4 speed GT White
                63 GT Hawk
                63 Avanti
                62 Daytona HT
                53 Coupe

JDP Maryland

Comment

JDP, a few more cheap Avanti questions. After I'm done with the vinyl, is there a certain type of sealant to glue it back or can I use the 3M spray that I used for the headliner ? My clock doesn't work, how easy is it to take off from behind the dash, without pulling off the dash ? I'm debating whether to get it quartz'd or not..Thanks again...

Comment

I use contact cement, or Yellow 3M weatherstip adhesive. The clock will come out without taking anything apart.

64 Daytona HT
                    64 R2 4 speed Challenger
                    63 R2 4 speed GT Black
                    63 R2 4 speed GT White
                    63 GT Hawk
                    63 Avanti
                    62 Daytona HT
                    53 Coupe

JDP Maryland

Comment

Working...