This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need online automotive wire

I am going to make up my own (custom) wiring harness but I need a source of wire that is econonomical. I only need 10-20 foot lengths of about 20 different colors and gauges of wire. Does anyone know of an online source of automotive wire that sells retail in such short lengths? I saw one about a week ago, wrote it all down, and now I cannot remember what the name of the place is, and cannot find the paper I wrote it on. Most automotive wiring suppliers only sell 50-100 foot spools, and I don't want that.

Thanks for your help!

doctormap
    '48 Champion 4-door

quote:Originally posted by doctormap

I am going to make up my own (custom) wiring harness but I need a source of wire that is econonomical. I only need 10-20 foot lengths of about 20 different colors and gauges of wire. Does anyone know of an online source of automotive wire that sells retail in such short lengths? I saw one about a week ago, wrote it all down, and now I cannot remember what the name of the place is, and cannot find the paper I wrote it on. Most automotive wiring suppliers only sell 50-100 foot spools, and I don't want that.

Thanks for your help!

doctormap
    '48 Champion 4-door
    Try Rhode Island Wiring...

http://www.riwire.com/

I know you probably have good reasons to make your own, but a harness from someone like EZ Wire http://www.ezwiring.com/ is probably cheaper (and if I was to make one) better than a DIY one.

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

I don't know, Dick. I hope his products are inspected better than the spelling and grammar on his website!
      "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

I got a universal harness from Centech Inc. several years ago and installed it in my M pickup. The price was reasonable, the instructions were clear and easy to follow, and it hasn't given any trouble. Price then was around $120.00 and they supplied an adapter to plug in the turn signals from the 70s droF pickup steering column I used at no extra charge. Easier, and probably cheaper in the long run, than trying to build a harness yourself.

jj

Comment

Working...
        X