This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The amazing collection - with pictures

Here are some shots of some of the cars I described a couple months ago. Sorry, Mr. Biggs: I forgot to get a picture of the Subaru Justy.

I hope you enjoy these. You can try a little armchair car spotting.

This only shows a fraction of the collection. I took more pictures in his barns in 2 hours than I did in europe in 3 weeks!

WOW!......I cannot believe those cars on the "second level sitting on those "planks." (really how good is that support system?)
    Louis

Comment

Well, you have to watch your step! He's a mechanical engineer and designed it. It's quite a structure.
      "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Scott

Here are some shots of some of the cars I described a couple months ago.
        WOW! Where are they, Scott? Is the collection open to the public?

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

Not exactly open top the public, but I understand the Classic Car Club in the Minneapolis area is meeting there next weekend.

In the other barn is a 1948 Continental (V12) needing restoration and a neat 1936 (?) Huppmobile sedan. I can post a picture of them later. Also there are the 1958 Studebakers, more Avantis, more hawks, a Packard Caribbean convertible and a couple 1959 Cadillacs. Pretty neat stuff.
          "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

WOW! WHAT A COLLECTION! Reminds me a LOT of Dr. Cade's collecion. (A baby blue/white 53 HT, four door Avanti, prewar cars, Speedsters, several buildings, etc...) Only Dr. Cade's are perfect and show ready. He's got about 70 or so I think in near perfect shape. Plus another 100+ parts cars and future builders. His son is Stephen of Stephen Allen's Auto Parts. ( mystudebaker.com ) If anyone has any queastions, I'll be down there, with a digital camera, for the SouthEast Zone Meet. On Sunday, after the show, everyone will go to Doc's warehouses. (4 or 5 of them FILLED with Studes). Trust me, I'll take some pics...
            (might have to start a 3rd webshots.com page) And of course another great thing is me getting to drive Mr. Jeff Rice's 37 CE... again.

Here's the only pics I have of Doc's place. This is only 1 building... http://community.webshots.com/album/452672271eEupHY

Matthew Burnette, the 16 year old Stude nut.
            South Georgia Chapter
            63 Daytona HT (project)
            51 Stude dump truck (yes, I won the raffle)
            52 Commander Starliner (basket case)

MANY more Studes in the family and a few parts cars

And here: http://community.webshots.com/user/mbstudepagetwo

Comment

Here are more pictures:

Comment

That'd be my place if I had the money.[}] In some ways, I'm glad I don't.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe
                1957 President 2-dr
                1955 President State
                1951 Champion Biz cpe
                1963 Daytona project FS
                No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Pretty cool shots, Scott. Supposedly, there's a place a few county's away from me, here in AL, that has two or three levels of Studes as well. I believe the original owner (and creator of the muti-tiered building) is now deceased, so they are probably just sitting there, wasting away.

1951 Commander Starlight Coupe (aka "Stella")

Comment

They're okay...I guess...I really want to see the Subaru Justy though[}]

Seriously, great collection but what's that white car with the pointy nose in the 4th from the last photo?

63 Avanti R1 2788
                    1914 Stutz Bearcat
                    (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                    63 Avanti R1 2788
                    1914 Stutz Bearcat
                    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Actually, I paid no notice to that white car with the pointy nose, but when I looked at the photo I took later, I was wondering the same thing. I know that in the garage with the Continental there is a Pantera that belongs to a friend of this fellow. It's OK, but I like the Subaru Justy better. I also really like his Borward Isabella coupes, but at this time they are all rough. One of them is a parts car.

He also has a supercharged 1958 Packard wagon he is planning on restoring, but I didn't take a picture of that.

Tonight I'll post some more of the pictures I took.

Comment

Amazing! Like Biggs,if I ever won the lottery....
                        I was in Florida once,and had I known about the Cade collection I sure would have tried to get a visit.

Comment

Could you run a short version of the story behind the collection again for us new-"B's".I know of a similar but smaller collection gathering dust & pigeon poop, wil try to get out there & take a few photo's

Comment

I really haven't asked much about why he has the collection except that they are cars he likes. It seems he has been collecting them for probably at least 30 years. I know he continues to add to the collection, but most of the cars he buys are needing restoration. Sometimes he'll buy cars in really good condition, too.

The collection includes several non-studebakers, but is probably 75% or more Studebakers and Packards. I think the oldest thing in the collection is a Studebaker buggy. The collection also includes a few Weasles, Avanti body bucks for production, a specially made Avanti 4 door interior for display only that is opened on top and tilted, tractors, a Crosley, a Kaiser Darrin (quite rough, but in the process of being restored), a late 1940s Nash Airflyte, a factory stretched Cord coffin-nosed sedan (needing restoration), a Studebaker Zip Van, a few super-hawks, a very nice (like new) Avanti convertible, etc.

I think my personal favorite is the 1926 Special Six two door sedan shown in some of the pictures.

Comment

What a neat bunch of cars. I wish I had thought about just keeping some of the cars I have owned or could have bought really cheap over the years.

1961 Lark

Comment

Working...
                              X