May Swap Meet in South Bend ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May Swap Meet in South Bend ??

Is most of the stuff out on Friday. I usually go on saturday but it has to be friday this year.

[img=left]http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s197/wagon56/49.jpg[/img=left] 48 7G-Q1 49 2R12 51 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
    7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
    http://ozarktrails.tripod.com/
    SDC Member 1985

Much better to go on Friday anyway if you are looking for parts, especially bargains. By Saturday, fewer parts are available, if anything. [:0] BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Much better to go on Friday anyway if you are looking for parts, especially bargains. By Saturday, fewer parts are available, if anything. [:0] BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

We were scheduled to go to the May swap meet AND the National 6 weeks later. After hearing some of the vendors talking about the May meet at York this year, it 'sounds' like people are going to the national and not the May meet. In any event, the last few years, the fairgrounds building at the May meet was about 1/4 empty. And that was when the national was in another city. I suspect this years May meet will be somewhat of a bust. BUT.....if you find just the part you are hunting for and there's only three vendors there, it was worth the trip. We have canceled our plans for the May meet and will concentrate on the national in June. IT'S GOING TO BE BARN BURNER!!!!!

Comment

We were scheduled to go to the May swap meet AND the National 6 weeks later. After hearing some of the vendors talking about the May meet at York this year, it 'sounds' like people are going to the national and not the May meet. In any event, the last few years, the fairgrounds building at the May meet was about 1/4 empty. And that was when the national was in another city. I suspect this years May meet will be somewhat of a bust. BUT.....if you find just the part you are hunting for and there's only three vendors there, it was worth the trip. We have canceled our plans for the May meet and will concentrate on the national in June. IT'S GOING TO BE BARN BURNER!!!!!

Comment

What's the date again?

Chris Pile
            The Studebaker Special
            Midway Chapter SDC
            The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

What's the date again?

Chris Pile
              The Studebaker Special
              Midway Chapter SDC
              The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

did you get an answer to the date in May? I'm afraid Toyman may be right though. Not that far of a drive from Chicago so Ill still go check it out.

Comment

Not sure of the time stamp of the previous contributions, since it appears (at least on my screen) that these posts are from 2007 and its about 11 weeks between meets this year in South Bend. The South Bend Meet inside is sold out right now and there are a bunch of spots sold outside too. Make the trip, you might find that part that you have been looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by 1961 lark guy View Post
                    Not sure of the time stamp of the previous contributions, since it appears (at least on my screen) that these posts are from 2007 and its about 11 weeks between meets this year in South Bend. The South Bend Meet inside is sold out right now and there are a bunch of spots sold outside too. Make the trip, you might find that part that you have been looking for.
                    Are there still inside vending spaces available for the International meet?

Comment

Yes Matt there is still inside spaces for the international.
                      Like 61 Lark Guy said, The may meet inside is sold out.
                      hope to see you all at one or the other meet.
                      James Maxey III
                      sigpic

Comment

Great. I'll bring a Studebaker truck load of parts to the IM to sell.

Comment

Working...
                        X