This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAUGHLIN ARIZONA CAR SHOW

I wrote to this website originally trying to locate a fellow Studebaker member and all I received was criticism on whether or not I was not turning off my cap locks, silly me, I THOUGHT A CAR FORUM WAS ABOUT CARS, also I said interested in BUYING my 37, not simply interested in it, thanks guys for trying to help someone instead of judging or criticizing them,[B)] I never was trying to shout by using cap - locks, it is just my usual way I type, I am not lazy or deformed, just different in the way I type, imagine that, some-one not exactly the same,[:0] WOW, lets all get together and paint all our cars the same, build all our houses the same, and all dye our hair and dress the same, would THAT make you all happy?[?] If you can't remember a car forum is about cars, then I suggest you trade in your shop manuals for English books, and your wrenches for knitting needles.(With all due respect.)

Slim,13 fingered, non-judgemental green-horn, no-lower case using cap-lock hick, looking for guy from Washington wanting to BUY my 37 President.......person.[^]

Slim,
    Turn off your Caps Lock!

quote:Originally posted by SLIM

CAN ANY MEMBERS OUT THERE HELP, MY DAD WAS AT THE STUDEBAKER SHOW IN LAUGHLIN, MET A MAN THERE WAS INTERESTED IN POSSIBLY BUYING MY 37,MAN MUST HAVE BEEN A MEMBER HAD 2 STUDES IN SHOW, DAD ALSO THOUGHT HE ALSO HAD A FORD AT SHOW, WAS DRIVING A SEMI-TRAILER RIG AND WAS FROM WASHINGTON STATE, PLEASE HELP, THANK YOU, SLIM
    Proud Owner of the one and only 1963 BEND OVER POOP HAWK!

Comment

ALWAYS WRITE IN CAP LOCKS,I AM NOT A TYPIST,I AM A MECHANIC,TAKES ME FOREVER TO TYPE EVEN WHEN NOT SHIFTING BACK AND FORTH,THANX FOR THE CRITICISM THOUGH, ANY BODY OUT THERE HAVE ANY ACTUAL HELP? GO OUT IN YOUR DRIVEWAY AND STOMP ON THOSE METAL-WORMS FALLING OUT OF YOUR HAWK, AND LEAVE MY TYPING ALONE, ENGLISH IS ENGLISH, AM SORRY YOU GOT BURNED ON YOUR PURCHASE,FUNNY DISCUSSION THOUGH.

Comment

That narrows it down- "a club member who was interested in a '37"- who wouldn't be interested in a '37? The coolest of the cool!!! Where's the line form?

[8D]

StudeDave
        San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr
        '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...)
        '57 Commander 2dr
        '57 Champion 2dr
        '58 Packard sedan
        '65 Cruiser
        StudeDave '57
        US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
        SDC Member since 1985

past President
        Whatcom County Chapter SDC
        San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
        San Diego Chapter SDC
        North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

quote:Originally posted by SLIM

ALWAYS WRITE IN CAP LOCKS,I AM NOT A TYPIST,I AM A MECHANIC,TAKES ME FOREVER TO TYPE EVEN WHEN NOT SHIFTING BACK AND FORTH,THANX FOR THE CRITICISM THOUGH, ANY BODY OUT THERE HAVE ANY ACTUAL HELP? GO OUT IN YOUR DRIVEWAY AND STOMP ON THOSE METAL-WORMS FALLING OUT OF YOUR HAWK, AND LEAVE MY TYPING ALONE, ENGLISH IS ENGLISH, AM SORRY YOU GOT BURNED ON YOUR PURCHASE,FUNNY DISCUSSION THOUGH.
          Slim, with due respect, there probably aren't many of us here who are typists, but we CAN manage to work the shift key. Refusing to use the shift key denies you the option of writing a SINGLE word in caps for sake of emphasis.

In the "culture" of the Internet, use of all caps has come to be regarded as the equivalent of shouting, and brands the user as something of a hick, or a greenhorn at best. Really, it is HARDER to read text written in all caps; that's why we have upper and lower case alphabets.

Now, I will go on to say that on one of the newsgroups I frequent, there is a fine gentleman who always types in all caps, but he has a signature line which explains that he has suffered a stroke, and cannot type two-handed. If your own use of all caps is similarly the product of some kind of disability, just say so in your signature, and I'm sure all criticism will cease. But if you are doing it just out of laziness or indifference, stop and think for a second or two about what sort of message that sends to your readers?

This is the last you will hear from me on this subject. Good luck with your '37, BTW. I have '37 streetrod project sitting in the barn myself.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands
          Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

And all I was saying is that there are lots of SDC members who would be interested in purchasing a '37...
            Unfortunately most of us have too many already!!! Then again, if the price was right (which BTW was never mentioned) maybe~ That would make an interesting daily driver, wouldn't it?
            Try putting an ad on this site:
            (if you haven't already)

http://www.studebakerswap.com/swap/swapform.shtml

Maybe I ought to have suggetsted that in the first place??? SORRY!!!

[8D]

StudeDave
            San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr
            '57 Commander 2dr
            '57 Champion 2dr
            '58 Packard sedan
            '65 Cruiser
            StudeDave '57
            US Navy (retired)

SDC Member since 1985

past President
            San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
            San Diego Chapter SDC

Comment

I drove an ALL original (down to the paint) 38 Commander six sedan a few weeks back. I must say, that car was EASY to drive, and I'm gonna be lookin for one, after college at McPherson in Kansas of course...

This car belongs to a freind of mine in North Florida.

Matthew Burnette, the 16 year old Stude nut. South Georgia Chapter
              [img] http://jnautoair.com/images/yelstude2.jpg [/img]
              63 Daytona HT (my car),57 Silver Hawk, 51 Champ Starlight, 63 GT Hawk,64 Commander Wagonaire,59 Scotsman P/U,56 Champ 2 door,81 Avanti II,56 Sky Hawk,65 Daytona 2 door,62 Cruiser,55 P/U(V-8)
              MANY more Studes and a few parts cars
              http://community.webshots.com/user/mbstude101
              And here: http://community.webshots.com/user/mbstudepagetwo

Comment

I don't know why I didn't think of that,I should have never tried to find the guy from Washington that OFFERED my Dad some outrageous amount of money for MY car that I never even said was for sale!!!, I should be out driving my 69 year old, all original, never restored, 51,000 mile beater every day!!!!!!!!,heck, I could even stuff 40 or 50 roughcut 2x4's in the back seat,who cares about the FACTORY original seat-covers anyhow? while I'm at the ole trading post might as well throw out the factory tool-kit along with the never-used factory spare,make room for a few wheel-barrow loads of manure for maw's tulip garden,well gotta go now ya'll, plows just went on sale,that there 6 bottom will fit right on the hood, got any binder-twine?, I'll just fish er' through the cowl vent and tie er' off on the factory spot-light!!!!!! Slim.

Comment

So your '37 is a truck?!?!? I must've missed that part...

[8D]

StudeDave
                  San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr
                  '57 Commander 2dr
                  '57 Champion 2dr
                  '58 Packard sedan
                  '65 Cruiser
                  StudeDave '57
                  US Navy (retired)

SDC Member since 1985

past President
                  San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                  San Diego Chapter SDC

Comment

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!All this time i've been posting with cap locks on and did not know! Sorry! Champ

Comment

Champ! ............... I just thought you were "lazy".........LOL

Slim........... I dont know a whole lot of anything.
                      But what I do know is you will never earn respect unless you first give it.

So what if somebody said turn your caps off............get over it and move on..............Life is too short to be a pain in the A$$.

I would love to see a pic. of that orginal `39

Comment

Working...
                      X