This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 61 Lark front panel

Who was looking for the 61 Lark front body panel?? I found one. It is the single head lamp one,with round signal lamps under the headlamps.

LaSalle,Il
    61Hawk
    60Lark

It was Rich Pease (richpease) with the '61 Cruiser, but actually he SHOULD buy the optional on Deluxe and standard on Regal and Cruiser, FOUR HEADLIGHT ones! He now has a '63 front panel.

Rich.

quote:Originally posted by 52hawk

Who was looking for the 61 Lark front body panel?? I found one. It is the single head lamp one,with round signal lamps under the headlamps.

LaSalle,Il
    61Hawk
    60Lark
    StudeRich
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Thanks StudeRich. Are you really 'studerich'? I'm 'studepoor'!
      If Mrpease reads this though,this panel will be cheap,cheap.
      I don't remember what trim his car was,but I like the look of the old 2 bulb front.[OK Guys,this year we have to have 4 headlights 'cause every body else has 4 headlights!]Doing a paint job on my '60 right now,pulled the front bumper off,and I can't stop staring at that front end!!

LaSalle,Il
      61Hawk
      60Lark
      Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Sasco still has the quad 61 front panels for I think $30 in person.

Kent

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 52hawk

LaSalle,Il
          61Hawk
          60Lark
          I don't know what panel you found, but it is not from a '61 Lark. A '61 Lark DeLuxe had single headlights with the parking lights next to the headlights (between the headlights and the grille opening, not "under the headlamps"). Optional on the DeLuxe and standard on Regal and Cruiser models was the dual headlamp front end. IIRC, the car in question is a '61 Lark Cruiser, so it would have dual headlights.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I have an extra one (the 4 headlight model) that I got from Sasco. I don't know whether or not they still have them. I can't get to the South Bend meet this year, but depending on your location relative to mine maybe you could save shipping charges. (Racine, Wis, south of Milwaukee.)

Jerry Buck
            '53 Champion Coupe (C)
            '61 Lark VI Convertible

Comment

[quote]quote:Originally posted by Studenut

I have an extra one (the 4 headlight model) that I got from Sasco. I don't know whether or not they still have them. I can't get to the South Bend meet this year, but depending on your location relative to mine maybe you could save shipping charges. (Racine, Wis, south of Milwaukee.)

Jerry Buck
              '53 Champion Coupe (C)
              '61 Lark VI Convertible

I see by your signature area that you have a '61 convertible. I hope that it is safe to assume that you know that the front panel is diferent between a convertible and a Cruiser, due to the counterbalance weights. One can be made to work on the other, but the panels are considered different.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Yeah Gary,the panel was hanging on the wall,in my dim-bulb memory I saw the parking lights under the headlights!!! As I re-read,I see pease has a Cruiser any way,so this panel definitely won't help him.
                [surprized no-one else caught my mistake!!]

LaSalle,Il
                61Hawk
                60Lark
                Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Yes, I know that the panel from the convertible is different, but the only difference is the two holes on each side at the bottom to hold the counterweights. Those holes can easily be drilled on a non-conv. panel.

Jerry Buck
                  '53 Champion Coupe (C)
                  '61 Lark VI Convertible

Comment

Working...
                  X