Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bradnree
    replied
    Some credit goes to this wonderful site and help, help, help, from same..............Brad........Atchison Kansas

Leave a comment:

• bradnree
    replied
    Some credit goes to this wonderful site and help, help, help, from same..............Brad........Atchison Kansas

Leave a comment:

• avantilover
    replied
    I'm sure that Bob could be buried in Pete LOL, I recall a lady being buried sitting in the drivers seat of her Ferrari.

John Clements
    Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
    Lockleys South Australia

Leave a comment:

• avantilover
    replied
    I'm sure that Bob could be buried in Pete LOL, I recall a lady being buried sitting in the drivers seat of her Ferrari.

John Clements
    Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
    Lockleys South Australia

Leave a comment:

• pitbulllady
    replied
    Many of my older(and sadly, many now-deceased)relatives wouldn't drive anything but a Studebaker! I grew up always hearing about what reliable, tough vehicles they were from these country folks. I can always find someone to say something bad about Fords, or Chevy, or Plymouth vehicles, but I can't recall ever hearing anyone say something really negative about Studebakers, which is saying a lot. What really stirred my interest was finding an abandoned, rusted-out '50 two-door Champion sedan sitting in an empty field, just when my interest in classic cars was really getting started. I honestly didn't realize that the car was that old, since the lines were more like those of newer sporty cars than what I associated with the early '50s', and when I looked inside, I was surprised at how modern the dashboard looked, compared to that of a fully-restored 1951 Ford Custom belonging to an aquaintance of mine. I did a bit of research, and found out what kind of car it was-and decided right then and there that I was going to drive one, eventually.

pitbulllady

Leave a comment:

• pitbulllady
    replied
    Many of my older(and sadly, many now-deceased)relatives wouldn't drive anything but a Studebaker! I grew up always hearing about what reliable, tough vehicles they were from these country folks. I can always find someone to say something bad about Fords, or Chevy, or Plymouth vehicles, but I can't recall ever hearing anyone say something really negative about Studebakers, which is saying a lot. What really stirred my interest was finding an abandoned, rusted-out '50 two-door Champion sedan sitting in an empty field, just when my interest in classic cars was really getting started. I honestly didn't realize that the car was that old, since the lines were more like those of newer sporty cars than what I associated with the early '50s', and when I looked inside, I was surprised at how modern the dashboard looked, compared to that of a fully-restored 1951 Ford Custom belonging to an aquaintance of mine. I did a bit of research, and found out what kind of car it was-and decided right then and there that I was going to drive one, eventually.

pitbulllady

Leave a comment:

• JBOYLE
    replied
    As a kid I fell in love with Avantis.
    My brother was into cars and bought models, so I knew about F.I. "vettes, XK-Es and other exotics of the early mid-60s. Growing up an an air base there were plenty of Corvettes, small British sports cars, even a few oddities brought back from European assignments. But the Avanti is what caught my eye.
    Cool, modern and "different" (by design?)

So when I got my inheritance from by parents, I took a small portion to buy the Avanti.
    I knew dad would approve, he was always a car guy, not in the mechanical sense, but stylewise (a 50 yellow Olds convertible...much discussed in family lore, a new 55 Pontiac wagon to bring me home from the hospital, a new 59 Caddy,...followed by the "dark but dependable years" of two Ramblers, both with V-8s and the then rare AC...finally his last new car: a sweet 1969 Ford LTD hardtop. Most had his trademark red wheels).

I bought the car on looks alone...I had never driven a Studebaker until the day it was delivered. (I had driven a late 80s Avanti w/Chevy frame). Getting my license in the gas-crunch 70s, I had never owned a V-8 car.

The Avanti is all I hoped for, and more. I love to drive it.
    Modern enough to be fun, different enough to have style.
    People smile when they see it. Women stare. kids point, older guys talk about their (or their dads/grandads) Studebakers.

On one of my first drives I took it to the cemetary and showed it to dad. I'm sure he approved.

63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Leave a comment:

• JBOYLE
    replied
    As a kid I fell in love with Avantis.
    My brother was into cars and bought models, so I knew about F.I. "vettes, XK-Es and other exotics of the early mid-60s. Growing up an an air base there were plenty of Corvettes, small British sports cars, even a few oddities brought back from European assignments. But the Avanti is what caught my eye.
    Cool, modern and "different" (by design?)

So when I got my inheritance from by parents, I took a small portion to buy the Avanti.
    I knew dad would approve, he was always a car guy, not in the mechanical sense, but stylewise (a 50 yellow Olds convertible...much discussed in family lore, a new 55 Pontiac wagon to bring me home from the hospital, a new 59 Caddy,...followed by the "dark but dependable years" of two Ramblers, both with V-8s and the then rare AC...finally his last new car: a sweet 1969 Ford LTD hardtop. Most had his trademark red wheels).

I bought the car on looks alone...I had never driven a Studebaker until the day it was delivered. (I had driven a late 80s Avanti w/Chevy frame). Getting my license in the gas-crunch 70s, I had never owned a V-8 car.

The Avanti is all I hoped for, and more. I love to drive it.
    Modern enough to be fun, different enough to have style.
    People smile when they see it. Women stare. kids point, older guys talk about their (or their dads/grandads) Studebakers.

On one of my first drives I took it to the cemetary and showed it to dad. I'm sure he approved.

63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Leave a comment:

• blackhawk61
    replied
    Just look through the "Members Studebakers" section........THATS WHY !

1961 Hawk 4BC,4-SPEED,TT

Lewisville,NC
    (formerly chevpartsman)

Leave a comment:

• blackhawk61
    replied
    Just look through the "Members Studebakers" section........THATS WHY !

1961 Hawk 4BC,4-SPEED,TT

Lewisville,NC
    (formerly chevpartsman)

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    Pckstude writes: "Recently I have even expanded my sickness by getting into pro cars with the purchase of an ambulance, and now a hearse. I have no idea where this car nut thing will end up taking me, but the ride along the way is much like a roller coaster."

Sounds like you've got it all planned out to me! You've got the ambulance to run you TO the hospital and the hearse to take you FROM the hospital.[:0][xx(]

I'm "addicted" - no doubt about that. But even tho I may occasionally joke about being buried in a Stude, my only real desire is to drive them.
    Whatever happens to what Studes are in my command at the time of my passing will likely be up to someone else's whim. And I won't be around to protest the results![^]

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    Pckstude writes: "Recently I have even expanded my sickness by getting into pro cars with the purchase of an ambulance, and now a hearse. I have no idea where this car nut thing will end up taking me, but the ride along the way is much like a roller coaster."

Sounds like you've got it all planned out to me! You've got the ambulance to run you TO the hospital and the hearse to take you FROM the hospital.[:0][xx(]

I'm "addicted" - no doubt about that. But even tho I may occasionally joke about being buried in a Stude, my only real desire is to drive them.
    Whatever happens to what Studes are in my command at the time of my passing will likely be up to someone else's whim. And I won't be around to protest the results![^]

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied
    I tell people I don't know why it exists. I know it exists and sometimes I wish it didn't (not often), but I don't know. Maybe it has something to do with the history, the unusualness of the cars, the comparitive rarity (when compared to the big three) or maybe just because it's different.

In fact, if "different by design" had been stamped on my head in the womb I would not be a bit surprised. Was that being used in 1961 when that's where I was? Maybe I heard some commercial in there and it just stuck!

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied
    I tell people I don't know why it exists. I know it exists and sometimes I wish it didn't (not often), but I don't know. Maybe it has something to do with the history, the unusualness of the cars, the comparitive rarity (when compared to the big three) or maybe just because it's different.

In fact, if "different by design" had been stamped on my head in the womb I would not be a bit surprised. Was that being used in 1961 when that's where I was? Maybe I heard some commercial in there and it just stuck!

Leave a comment:

• robtc
    replied
    I have come to the conclusion that the only explanation is the one my wife gives me.

"You are nuts."

Leave a comment:

Working...
X