Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    USPS has only lost ONE part in my years of ebaying. And then, it was partly my fault for not opting for the delivery confirmation on that piece. I'm not so sure the buyer DIDN'T get the thing and just spun a yarn about it not showing up.
    This was well before I got into "click-n-ship" where delivery confirmation is free.

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    USPS has only lost ONE part in my years of ebaying. And then, it was partly my fault for not opting for the delivery confirmation on that piece. I'm not so sure the buyer DIDN'T get the thing and just spun a yarn about it not showing up.
    This was well before I got into "click-n-ship" where delivery confirmation is free.

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

Leave a comment:

• CKOT
    replied
    yep online accounts are the way to go, even with USPS. I am not saying USPS is not the way to go for folks, but where I live now, we have had huge problems in delivery, timeliness, etc. unfortunately.

Chris Kot
    '63 GT Hawk
    '37 Dictator Rod Project

Leave a comment:

• CKOT
    replied
    yep online accounts are the way to go, even with USPS. I am not saying USPS is not the way to go for folks, but where I live now, we have had huge problems in delivery, timeliness, etc. unfortunately.

Chris Kot
    '63 GT Hawk
    '37 Dictator Rod Project

Leave a comment:

• showbizkid
    replied
    I've been pretty happy with USPS - in 10 years of ebaying I've only had 1 package lost and 2 damaged items (one I shipped and another that came to me.) On the one I shipped, I had a bit of a hassle getting the insurance to pay off - Postal Inspectors couldn't believe that a Bob Seger album could be worth $50 - but otherwise the service has been good. I use mostly Priority.

With UPS, I have to agree with Biggs & Guido. I used to ship heavy stuff from UPS over the counter, and their website calculations NEVER matched what the counter charged me. But when I opened an online account and started printing my labels at home and handing them off the the counterbot, my problems ended.

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
    '63 F2/Lark Standard
    http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Leave a comment:

• showbizkid
    replied
    I've been pretty happy with USPS - in 10 years of ebaying I've only had 1 package lost and 2 damaged items (one I shipped and another that came to me.) On the one I shipped, I had a bit of a hassle getting the insurance to pay off - Postal Inspectors couldn't believe that a Bob Seger album could be worth $50 - but otherwise the service has been good. I use mostly Priority.

With UPS, I have to agree with Biggs & Guido. I used to ship heavy stuff from UPS over the counter, and their website calculations NEVER matched what the counter charged me. But when I opened an online account and started printing my labels at home and handing them off the the counterbot, my problems ended.

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
    '63 F2/Lark Standard
    http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Leave a comment:

• CKOT
    replied
    I don't know about any of you, but there is now way I would choose the USPS as my primary choice. They can't even get standard mail to me, let alone other packages. Once they lose something, forget about ever seeing it again. With FedEx and UPS I can see exactly where it is at all times. Never any issue collecting on damaged product etc. You pay for what you get...just my 2 cents.

Chris Kot
    '63 GT Hawk
    '37 Dictator Rod Project

Leave a comment:

• CKOT
    replied
    I don't know about any of you, but there is now way I would choose the USPS as my primary choice. They can't even get standard mail to me, let alone other packages. Once they lose something, forget about ever seeing it again. With FedEx and UPS I can see exactly where it is at all times. Never any issue collecting on damaged product etc. You pay for what you get...just my 2 cents.

Chris Kot
    '63 GT Hawk
    '37 Dictator Rod Project

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    Being self employed may have led to his troubles......

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    Being self employed may have led to his troubles......

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    Ahhh, Sweden (emitting appropriate sigh)... Land of my forebears.
    I didn't realize you could get clipped for oweing taxes in Sweden. I thought the employer just sent your paycheck to the government and they returned anything that might be left over.

Brad Johnson
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    Ahhh, Sweden (emitting appropriate sigh)... Land of my forebears.
    I didn't realize you could get clipped for oweing taxes in Sweden. I thought the employer just sent your paycheck to the government and they returned anything that might be left over.

Brad Johnson
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight

Leave a comment:

• bams50
    replied
    The post office has click-n-ship... you print your own postage label, hit Carrier Pickup, affix label, and leave it out for your carrier- DONE. No need to leave home, wait in line, etc... plus you get free delivery confirmation! Can't see anything that beats it- try it out!

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2358680/1

Leave a comment:

• bams50
    replied
    The post office has click-n-ship... you print your own postage label, hit Carrier Pickup, affix label, and leave it out for your carrier- DONE. No need to leave home, wait in line, etc... plus you get free delivery confirmation! Can't see anything that beats it- try it out!

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2358680/1

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    Brad,

Speaking of Scandanavia, I sold a beater 2R5 pickup to a friend of mine in Eastern Virginia who had a friend in Sweeden. As I recall, I got $150 for the truck, but it was rotted with honeysuckle growing in the cab.

George put it into a shipping container with another vehicle and a pile of parts and sent it out from Norfolk. When his friend got it, he passed it to another man who owned an antique/junque shop who wanted it as advertising yard art.

I got word back about 3 months ago that the store owner owed taxes and the Sweedish equivalent of the IRS had siezed the truck to recover the money owed! [:0] I guess it went to auction and a new owner.

Gary

Leave a comment:

Working...
X