No announcement yet.

shipping parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been pretty happy with USPS - in 10 years of ebaying I've only had 1 package lost and 2 damaged items (one I shipped and another that came to me.) On the one I shipped, I had a bit of a hassle getting the insurance to pay off - Postal Inspectors couldn't believe that a Bob Seger album could be worth $50 - but otherwise the service has been good. I use mostly Priority.

With UPS, I have to agree with Biggs & Guido. I used to ship heavy stuff from UPS over the counter, and their website calculations NEVER matched what the counter charged me. But when I opened an online account and started printing my labels at home and handing them off the the counterbot, my problems ended.

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
    '63 F2/Lark Standard
    http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

yep online accounts are the way to go, even with USPS. I am not saying USPS is not the way to go for folks, but where I live now, we have had huge problems in delivery, timeliness, etc. unfortunately.

Chris Kot
      '63 GT Hawk
      '37 Dictator Rod Project

Comment

yep online accounts are the way to go, even with USPS. I am not saying USPS is not the way to go for folks, but where I live now, we have had huge problems in delivery, timeliness, etc. unfortunately.

Chris Kot
        '63 GT Hawk
        '37 Dictator Rod Project

Comment

USPS has only lost ONE part in my years of ebaying. And then, it was partly my fault for not opting for the delivery confirmation on that piece. I'm not so sure the buyer DIDN'T get the thing and just spun a yarn about it not showing up.
          This was well before I got into "click-n-ship" where delivery confirmation is free.

Miscreant adrift in
          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

USPS has only lost ONE part in my years of ebaying. And then, it was partly my fault for not opting for the delivery confirmation on that piece. I'm not so sure the buyer DIDN'T get the thing and just spun a yarn about it not showing up.
            This was well before I got into "click-n-ship" where delivery confirmation is free.

Miscreant adrift in
            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
            X