This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Up and down Stude weekend

I headed off yesterday morning with my 2 daughters in my rollback to pick up my '46 fire truck at my country property and continue on to a tractor show about 75 minutes from home that I attend every year. Loaded the '46 in record time and had gone about 30 miles when I had to hit the brakes. The pedal went to the floor and I was able to avoid the truck in front of me and pull over.

Two pumps of the pedal and they were back and I could not see where any of the discs were hanging up. Made it another 5 miles and the same problem. Pulled over and let it cool for 45 minutes and decided it was best to try and limp home. I noticed the truck was pulling hard after 3/4 of a mile and pulled over again, this time for an early lunch. I was able to make it back the remaining 4.5 miles to the nearest town and parked it next to a fellow Stude collector's business. I was finally able to get cell service there and called my wife who traveled an hour to pick me up. The right rear caliper locked up, I think I will replace both rear ones and the pads.

Today was much better, went 3 hours the other way to see an elderly acquaintance who is restoring the '42 M-15 he bought at the Asa Hall sale. I had stopped by a couple of weeks ago with my family on the way back from the beach and he mentioned he had some extra parts left over from the restoration.

I ended up with a NOS steering wheel, a NOS rear spring, a bucket of horn buttons, a M-16 cab, 2 doors (nice) a Commander motor and 4 speed transmission (no bellhousing ), clutch parts, front fenders with spacers and fillers, front bumper (excellent), dash (no instruments), good radiator w/ support, 2 nice running boards, windows, 3 boxes of miscellaneous and a nice R series grille. Got home and realized I had seen the head for the motor on the floor of his paint room .

I have a couple of M series and will keep some of the stuff and save the rest for York in the spring.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
    Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

LOL! Been there done that! I would forget my head it it wasn't attached. Just have him ship the head by Greyhound. The freight will be far less expensive than gas.

Yes, a shameless vendor plug. LOL

Lotsa Larks!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

LOL! Been there done that! I would forget my head it it wasn't attached. Just have him ship the head by Greyhound. The freight will be far less expensive than gas.

Yes, a shameless vendor plug. LOL

Lotsa Larks!
      Ron Smith
      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Sounds like you scored Gary! Sorry to hear about the brake problems but it's heartening to know that Murphy's spending some time on YOUR coast for a change. That way he's not teasin' me.[xx(]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President 2-dr
        1955 President State
        1951 Champion Biz cpe
        1963 Daytona project FS
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Sounds like you scored Gary! Sorry to hear about the brake problems but it's heartening to know that Murphy's spending some time on YOUR coast for a change. That way he's not teasin' me.[xx(]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe
          1957 President 2-dr
          1955 President State
          1951 Champion Biz cpe
          1963 Daytona project FS
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I think Murphy has the ability to be at more than one place at a time!

GARY H 2DR.SEDAN 48 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION NORTHEAST MD.

Comment

I think Murphy has the ability to be at more than one place at a time!

GARY H 2DR.SEDAN 48 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION NORTHEAST MD.

Comment

Working...
              X