Money No Object

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Money No Object

I need a left rear tailight housing with excellent chrome for my 56J. The HFH was hit again by the same guy who hit it with his roll back about 9 years ago. If you have one, let tme know, he is paying, also need left side stainless trim that goes from check mark to tail light.

Thanks.

Bill

SAVE THE STUDEBAKER.....SAVE THE WORLD.

If I had a '56 Golden Hawk only tail light housing, I'd probably be in the Bahamas somewhere right now!
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

If I had a '56 Golden Hawk only tail light housing, I'd probably be in the Bahamas somewhere right now!
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

I thought I'd seen most automotive acronyms, but this is a NEW one!
        not RF,LF,RR or LR but HFH???[:0][:0]
        Most know my 56 Golden Hawk as the Hawk From Hell, thus the HFH. It is a very long story that started many many years ago.

When Prodigy and AOL where in their infancy, my signature was Bondo Billy........ Proud Owner of the Hawk from Hell and his all Girl Pit Crew. I think the HFH goes as far back as the early 90's.

But.....do you have a housing? That is the big question.

BG

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

I thought I'd seen most automotive acronyms, but this is a NEW one!
          not RF,LF,RR or LR but HFH???[:0][:0]
          Most know my 56 Golden Hawk as the Hawk From Hell, thus the HFH. It is a very long story that started many many years ago.

When Prodigy and AOL where in their infancy, my signature was Bondo Billy........ Proud Owner of the Hawk from Hell and his all Girl Pit Crew. I think the HFH goes as far back as the early 90's.

But.....do you have a housing? That is the big question.

BG

Comment

Bill,

Do you remember the guy's name that always has the space next to the hot dog stand at York? I think he may have one, not sure which side. Also you might want to try Don Borger (sp?) I think he had some housings at York, not sure if they were regular 55-56 C/K or 56J. ISTR that Chuck Collins has repro'd the lenses. don't forget a new gasket <G>

good luck,

nate

--
            55 Commander Starlight
            http://members.cox.net/njnagel
            --
            55 Commander Starlight

Comment

Bill,

Do you remember the guy's name that always has the space next to the hot dog stand at York? I think he may have one, not sure which side. Also you might want to try Don Borger (sp?) I think he had some housings at York, not sure if they were regular 55-56 C/K or 56J. ISTR that Chuck Collins has repro'd the lenses. don't forget a new gasket <G>

good luck,

nate

--
              55 Commander Starlight
              --
              55 Commander Starlight

Comment

Bill, do you need the collision flate rate guide to figuire the labor? I have the old Mitchell Estimating Guide for that car as a pdf. and will e-mail that over.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Bill, do you need the collision flate rate guide to figuire the labor? I have the old Mitchell Estimating Guide for that car as a pdf. and will e-mail that over.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                  1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Bill,

If I were you, I'd stay a long way from that guy.

quote:Originally posted by bondobilly

I need a left rear tailight housing with excellent chrome for my 56J. The HFH was hit again by the same guy who hit it with his roll back about 9 years ago. If you have one, let tme know, he is paying, also need left side stainless trim that goes from check mark to tail light.

Thanks.

Bill

Comment

Bill,

If I were you, I'd stay a long way from that guy.

quote:Originally posted by bondobilly

Thanks.

Bill

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Swifster

Bill, do you need the collision flate rate guide to figuire the labor?
                        Thanks very much, and apprciate the offer. This is the 2nd time this guy has hit the car. Nine years ago he hit it with his roll back and crushed the right front fender.

There are two auto service companies who share a common parking lot, so you can imagine how many times this must happpen.

I think Barry sees my car as a target. Big time Chevy nut, major money so this won't dent his bottom line one bit.

Barry knows my buddy the body shop owner, so he will accept whatever Kenny says the cost will be.

In less than 2 hours I got a NOS stainless piece on it's way, and an appointment on Monday to bring car in. The tail light is "usable" but no longer show quality as it has a gouge in it. I will put a bandaid over the major boo boo until I get a new one.

What a day.......... first this, and now they say we are going from 60 degrees to six to eight inches of snow. I cannot cope.

Bill

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Swifster

Bill, do you need the collision flate rate guide to figuire the labor?
                          Thanks very much, and apprciate the offer. This is the 2nd time this guy has hit the car. Nine years ago he hit it with his roll back and crushed the right front fender.

There are two auto service companies who share a common parking lot, so you can imagine how many times this must happpen.

I think Barry sees my car as a target. Big time Chevy nut, major money so this won't dent his bottom line one bit.

Barry knows my buddy the body shop owner, so he will accept whatever Kenny says the cost will be.

In less than 2 hours I got a NOS stainless piece on it's way, and an appointment on Monday to bring car in. The tail light is "usable" but no longer show quality as it has a gouge in it. I will put a bandaid over the major boo boo until I get a new one.

What a day.......... first this, and now they say we are going from 60 degrees to six to eight inches of snow. I cannot cope.

Bill

Comment

Hot dang! let it snow... got snow tires on the Porsche, and I was hoping I'd have an excuse to go practice my drifting.

nate

--
                            55 Commander Starlight
                            --
                            55 Commander Starlight

Comment

Hot dang! let it snow... got snow tires on the Porsche, and I was hoping I'd have an excuse to go practice my drifting.

nate

--
                              55 Commander Starlight
                              --
                              55 Commander Starlight

Comment

Working...
                              X