Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lstude
    replied
    The tires are 205/75R - 15 B.F. Goodrich Silvertown radials from Coker Tire. They were $179.00 each.

Randy, Studebaker used the wide whites through 1962, so they would be right for your 59 Lark.

Here is the URL:

http://store.coker.com/search.php?mo...ring=205/75R15

Here is a comparison between the Coker 205/75 and the 6.70 x 15 bias ply tires, on stock Studebaker rims, on my 64 Daytona.

Leave a comment:

• lstude
    replied
    The tires are 205/75R - 15 B.F. Goodrich Silvertown radials from Coker Tire. They were $179.00 each.

Randy, Studebaker used the wide whites through 1962, so they would be right for your 59 Lark.

Here is the URL:

http://store.coker.com/search.php?mo...ring=205/75R15

Here is a comparison between the Coker 205/75 and the 6.70 x 15 bias ply tires, on stock Studebaker rims, on my 64 Daytona.

Leave a comment:

• StudeDave57
    replied
    quote:How much did you have to pay for those tires...
    And along the same lines- what size are those tires?

StudeDave [8D]
    V/P San Diego County SDC
    San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
    '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
    '57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
    '57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
    '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
    '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'

Leave a comment:

• StudeDave57
    replied
    quote:How much did you have to pay for those tires...
    And along the same lines- what size are those tires?

StudeDave [8D]
    V/P San Diego County SDC
    San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
    '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
    '57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
    '57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
    '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
    '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'

Leave a comment:

• Randy_G
    replied
    How much did you have to pay for those tires... I want a set for my Lark, Its 59 I can go either way and still be correct but I like the wide whites.

Randy_G
    1959 Lark Sedan
    www.AutomotiveHistoryOnline.com

Leave a comment:

• Randy_G
    replied
    How much did you have to pay for those tires... I want a set for my Lark, Its 59 I can go either way and still be correct but I like the wide whites.

Randy_G
    1959 Lark Sedan
    www.AutomotiveHistoryOnline.com

Leave a comment:

• lstude
    replied
    quote:Would the full wheel covers from '62 fit those wheels?

Would the stock Stude lug nuts work properly with those Chrysler wheels?

Thanks, as always!

Tom
    The 62 full wheel covers should fit fine and I think the lug nuts will be fine. I think there is a problem with Ford rims that the holes are a little bigger.

I decided to buy 6" wheels from Coker Tire ($45.00 each) when I was buying my tires from them at Carlisle. Since I have a 2002 GMC Sonoma rear in my 52, I wanted a rim that would fit on both the front and back. These rims have dual bolt paterns 4 1/2" and 4 3/4". The Studebaker is 4 1/2" and the GMC is 4 3/4". I have tried them on the car and they work. They came primed and I painted them red.

Leonard Shepherd
    http://leonardshepherd.com/

Leave a comment:

• lstude
    replied
    quote:Would the full wheel covers from '62 fit those wheels?

Thanks, as always!

Tom
    The 62 full wheel covers should fit fine and I think the lug nuts will be fine. I think there is a problem with Ford rims that the holes are a little bigger.

I decided to buy 6" wheels from Coker Tire ($45.00 each) when I was buying my tires from them at Carlisle. Since I have a 2002 GMC Sonoma rear in my 52, I wanted a rim that would fit on both the front and back. These rims have dual bolt paterns 4 1/2" and 4 3/4". The Studebaker is 4 1/2" and the GMC is 4 3/4". I have tried them on the car and they work. They came primed and I painted them red.

Leonard Shepherd
    http://leonardshepherd.com/

Leave a comment:

• 259man
    replied
    I am thinking about checking out some local salvage yards for the 5 1/2" Chrysler wheels for use with P205 tires on my '62 Cruiser.

Would the full wheel covers from '62 fit those wheels?

Thanks, as always!

Tom

Leave a comment:

• 259man
    replied
    I am thinking about checking out some local salvage yards for the 5 1/2" Chrysler wheels for use with P205 tires on my '62 Cruiser.

Would the full wheel covers from '62 fit those wheels?

Thanks, as always!

Tom

Leave a comment:

• sbca96
    replied
    Here are the 80's 15x6 Mopar wheels, I forgot I put them on my Hawk:

Tom

Leave a comment:

• sbca96
    replied
    Here are the 80's 15x6 Mopar wheels, I forgot I put them on my Hawk:

Tom

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Leonard: your very best bet, would be these that John K recommends OR what I use: the '76-'78 Chrysler Cordoba (possibly other Mopars like the Dodge Daytona I think they called it) that have the number stamped in the rim next to the valve stem "0057" these are for P215 X 75R15 or P225 X 70R15's and are perfect for Studes. being 5 1/2 In. wide X 15. They also have the wheelcover stop humps at the valve stems. They would work good with the '51-'52 full covers! [^]

quote:Originally posted by John Kirchhoff

D100 and D150 Dodge pickups built from '72 to '80 (if not longer) came from the factory with either 5 1/2" or 6 1'2" X15 wheels measured inside bead to bead. Trucks equiped with G78 and H78 tires used the 5 1/2" and those with L78 used the 6 1/2". I use the 5 1/2" on my Studes.
    StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Leonard: your very best bet, would be these that John K recommends OR what I use: the '76-'78 Chrysler Cordoba (possibly other Mopars like the Dodge Daytona I think they called it) that have the number stamped in the rim next to the valve stem "0057" these are for P215 X 75R15 or P225 X 70R15's and are perfect for Studes. being 5 1/2 In. wide X 15. They also have the wheelcover stop humps at the valve stems. They would work good with the '51-'52 full covers! [^]

quote:Originally posted by John Kirchhoff

D100 and D150 Dodge pickups built from '72 to '80 (if not longer) came from the factory with either 5 1/2" or 6 1'2" X15 wheels measured inside bead to bead. Trucks equiped with G78 and H78 tires used the 5 1/2" and those with L78 used the 6 1/2". I use the 5 1/2" on my Studes.
    StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA

Leave a comment:

• N8N
    replied
    same idea, but for a MoPar.

http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/p.../photo_01.html
    http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/p.../photo_08.html

--
    55 Commander Starlight
    http://members.cox.net/njnagel