This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1950 Antenna Repair

Can anyone give me a person who repairs factory studebaker internally controlled reel-type antenna. I need to replace the antenna. It was broken off and is 2 to 4 inches tall.

Roy,

From my card file: Greg Preston - Antenna repair

Area code (312) Six, six, five - 9784

I've never had the guy do anything for me. I met him at a swap meet and kept his number for future reference. I can't swear that he's still doing this sort of thing, but he was when I met him.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Hey Bob, I tried the number. It was disconnected. Thanks
      Also, do ya think I could fix it myself?

Comment

quote:Originally posted by royvaldez

Hey Bob, I tried the number. It was disconnected. Thanks
        Also, do ya think I could fix it myself?
        Nope, you'll have to have the phone company fix the problem.

[)]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Tom - Lakeland, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona
        Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
        1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

I have the same problem with the antenna on my car. Broken off level with the mount. I was seriously going to contact the fella you mentioned here, but now that I see that number is disconnected, I am left with no other option, other than tearing into it, and see how it works, and see if I can repair it. If not, I am no worse off, and I will just replace it with a regular antenna. If I fix it, I will be very happy. I have been watching Ebay on this part since last summer, saw only one in useable condition, but missed out on the auction. So, I am still looking.

doctormap
          '48 Champion 4-door

Comment

Sometimes you can find parts of the assemblies and combine to make one good one. If you find a complete one be sure it's correct for your car. Through 52 they reel up counterclockwise and down clockwise. In 53 and later (at least in C/K) they reel up clockwise and down counterclockwise.
            "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Working...
            X