X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1960 Lark

Attention!

Save a Lark from the crusher!.....1960 Lark with 33,000 miles (original) located on Long Island, New York...about 12 miles from JFK Airport. The engine is stuck, needs to be freed up...that is all that is wrong. If anyone is interested please contact me...this Lark will not last too long before it heads out for the last ride...to Stude heaven.

Email me the info,thanks

Comment

Waht's the price? I got a friend up near Brewster who might be interested. Kevin in the Stoogebaker

1963 Champ

Comment

Car can be had for $100.00

Comment

Pfeiffers Automotive
          Walter Pfeiffer
          1010 Central Avenue
          Woodmere, Long Island
          516-569-4638

Tell him the Motor guy referred you.

Comment

When I get ahold of my bud, I'll pass that on. I can't promise he'll do anything, but I'll try. Kevin in the Stoogebaker

1963 Champ

Comment

Geez! The stainless trim's worth more than a hundred bucks![:0]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe
              1957 President 2-dr
              1955 President State
              1951 Champion Biz cpe
              1963 Daytona project FS
              No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

If this car does in fact travel to the crusher, then what does it say for all the verbiage spewed from club members about saving Studes?

Comment

Are you sure it is going to go to Stude Heaven.It might be destined for Stude Hell if it wasn't a good car all it's life.. I've heard of a fellow from Long Island area that resurrected a Hawk that was exiled from Hell. It must'a been really bad jimmijim
                  sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Laemmle

If this car does in fact travel to the crusher, then what does it say for all the verbiage spewed from club members about saving Studes?
                    Laemmle, you gotta BE there.

Even if I really, really wanted a low mile '60 Lark, I'm 2000 miles or more away from the car, and across the Canadian border. Now, I'd be willing to travel some distance with a trailer to save a car I really wanted to save. OTOH, if that Lark were within a couple hundred miles, I'd snag it in a heartbeat, either to save it for some other Stude nut, or to part it out.

Message to moderator here: Why not start a new forum heading entitled "Save a Stude!", wherein anyone could post particulars of Studebakers in peril of being crusher bait? Freebies or at little more than scrap metal price only; postings would have to include contact information, and general location, like X miles from Smallville.

Those of us who do have car trailers and time (occasionally) to rescue a stray could check there whenever a new post pops up.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands
                    Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

That's a great idea Gord. I can't get a hold of my friend in Brewster. That's only about 1.5-2 hours away. Its too bad, because he just might be interested in this. He's always been a car guy although he likes old Saab 96's. Kevin in the Stoogebaker

1963 Champ

Comment

Actually I made a mistake......realizing the car is 8 miles from JFK Airport I should have mentioned that this plea would be for only those who could travel to the area within reason, Gord I never would have expected you to haul 2k miles to save the car...if you did, well sir there would have to be a special place for you in Stude heaven when the time arrives.

Comment

I just sent an email to the Long Island SDC Webmaster at Snatcherchief30@aol.com and included a copy of your message about the Lark. I hope someone there gets busy and contacts you.

Lets save a Stude.

Regards,
                          Bob (stude53)

Comment

heres a copy of what I sent. If you want to give them your contact information, that's up to you.

Regards,
                            Bob (stude53)
                            =====================================================================
                            Attention!

Save a Lark from the crusher!.....1960 Lark with 33,000 miles (original) located on Long Island, New York...about 12 miles from JFK Airport. The engine is stuck, needs to be freed up...that is all that is wrong. If anyone is interested please contact me...this Lark will not last too long before it heads out for the last ride...to Stude heaven.

Car can be had for $100.00.

Pfeiffers Automotive
                            Walter Pfeiffer
                            1010 Central Avenue
                            Woodmere, Long Island
                            516-569-4638

Tell him the Motor guy referred you.

Comment

Thanks for telling us about the '60 Lark in Woodmere. I live on LOng Island. Can you tell me what model Lark it is? I have a '59 Hardtop, which is pretty much the same in '60.
                              Rog
                              '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                              Smithtown,NY
                              Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Working...
                              X