This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #'s off of `49

8g-w5 5715 .... <right side firewall reading.... What is this?

On the drivers door it reads >> g-4I4981

LAST state inspection was 1-31-1983........... Man I was 2 years outa high school...........where has the time gone?

'49 Champion 4-dr

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

What?
      it's a 4-door ? Hmmmm

now thats weird. LOL

have a great day!

Comment

8G - 8G = the '49 Champion
        W = the 4Dr.Sedan
        5 = Regal Deluxe
        G 414981 = South Bend

Example
        8G - C3
        '49 Champion 2 Dr.Coupe Deluxe
        my ride

'49 Starlight Coupe

Comment

What's "weird" about it, Dan? I simply interpreted the body tag. Walt went a bit further by defining the trim level (5) and the fact that the serial# reveals it to be a South Bend built car. It could have been assembled in Los Angeles or Canada and it's serial# would have identified that were that the case.

I applaud your decision to hop up the Champion 6 instead of doing a Brand X transplant I think you'll find the 3spd O/D tranny a fun thing to drive, once you get the hang of it. It really offers you 5 speeds forward when you use it to it's best!

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe
          1957 President 2-dr
          1955 President State
          1951 Champion Biz cpe
          1963 Daytona project FS
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Mr. Biggs,

I was not trying to be a smart-butt-- and im not saying that was your thoughts either. Your info. on this site is just super.

Thanks for your re-plys to my post.

If it was not for folks like you and this BB I would have jumped into this project and learned a valuable lesson. SO it's me that should do the applauding

When I get time after a day of either "tinkering" or working I slam into this www. I believe there are 60 pages of info. on here and I have checked out only a fraction of it's contents.

So even though we "newbies" ask the same question we also check out the search but when that becomes tiring the best thing to do is >> ask a pro.

Thanks so much and I hope to get more answers in the comming months.

Comment

Working...
            X