This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where to sell????

I purchased a 1965 srudebaker cruiser from a wrecking yard that was being shut down for enviormental reasons. I was fiends with the owner so i got first pick of many classics in the yard. The Studebaker was first on the list. I did not need nor want the car but i bought it to save it from being crushed. It is a complete car the only parts missing is the hood ornament and the original drivers door mirror. The rest of the car is there. Including the stock wheels and hub caps. The car has a few rust issues, the trunk pan and kick panels are toasted.All the glass is good. This car came stock with a possi rear end. It has a 3 on a tree with O/D transmission. It has a original 6 cylender GM motor. I got the motor to turn over but the carb was shot and i never got any spark. The car is restorable or good for many parts. I have pics i can email to anyone interested. What i would like to know is where i can post this car for sale and maybe how much it is worth. NO EBAY. thats a retarded price to post a car. siguaw@yahoo.com

I'm sure you'll get a few bites here, a non-running 65 Cruiser with rust probably won't bring a lot of money, but I'm sure glad you saved it. 791 Cruisers were built with 6 cylinder engines; of those, 128 had a standard 3-speed transmission, 74 had standard PLUS overdrive; and 589 came with an automatic transmission.

That makes it a pretty rare bird in my books.

Comment

WOW didnt know they where that rare, thanks for the heads up

Comment

Well, as much as I love mine, rare doesn't necessarily translate into valuable[:I]

quote:Originally posted by PontiacCowboy

WOW didnt know they where that rare, thanks for the heads up

Comment

my intent on getting this car was to save it. Not to get rich. Im not a studebaker guy. Im a Muscle car man. If i get my money back and someone that will do something good with this car gets it, I will be happy.

Comment

How about some more information, pictures, where it's located? That would probably generate some interest. If you have pictures, you can email them to me and I'd be happy to post them here.

my intent on getting this car was to save it. Not to get rich. Im not a studebaker guy. Im a Muscle car man. If i get my money back and someone that will do something good with this car gets it, I will be happy.

Comment

How do i post pictures on here?? i have pictures and all the info to offer. Im in washington state and the car is in my driveway.

My email is siguaw@yahoo.com if anyone has any questions

Comment

I emailed you off-line.

How do i post pictures on here?? i have pictures and all the info to offer. Im in washington state and the car is in my driveway.

My email is siguaw@yahoo.com if anyone has any questions

Comment

i sent photos and info

Comment

Here are some links to the Cruiser:

http://home.alltel.net/anderm/65sale.htm

Comment

Though the sun is shining on the dash so it makes it hard to tell,it almost looks like it has a crack free dash,a very good and rare thing.
                      You done good by saving it,hope someone restores it.
                      Wrong side of the continent for me.

Comment

I had a "collector" come over, he was really a studebaker parts distributer. New and Used and he offered me $250 and said it was not worth a dollar more. but the whole time he was talking about how great the car was and was in suprisingly good condition. He said that this would be a good car to restore. He said the body was in very good shape " except the obvios trunk and dent in the door". But only $250?? Im not a studebaker guy but i know theres alot more than $250 in parts on this car cause everything is there. Maybe he was trying to rip me? or maybe thats all its worth? let me know what you think please........

Comment

I had a "collector" come over, he was really a studebaker parts distributer. New and Used and he offered me $250 and said it was not worth a dollar more. but the whole time he was talking about how great the car was and was in suprisingly good condition. He said that this would be a good car to restore. He said the body was in very good shape " except the obvios trunk and dent in the door". But only $250?? Im not a studebaker guy but i know theres alot more than $250 in parts on this car cause everything is there. Maybe he was trying to rip me? or maybe thats all its worth? let me know what you think please........
                          From the pictures, I'd guess you might be able to get more than $250 IF you parted it out and IF you sold the parts on eBay. The parts worth any sort of money would be the stainless trim, interior trim, and any sheet metal that is rust and dent free (maybe the OD trans if it is in good shape).

If you want to sell the whole car only and have a $250 offer, jump all over it quickly before the buyer changes his mind.

-Dick-
                          Dick Steinkamp
                          Bellingham, WA

Comment

Well, the disc brake setup's worth at least $350 in my book. In fact, I've gotten that much for such way back in '96.

Figure that parts guy was lookin' at it from the standpoint of makin' money rather than seeing that you get top buck for the car.
                            Personally, I'd be hard pressed to give $300 for it - IF I was in the market for one.

Yes, it's a Studebaker and yes, it's not common to see one nowdays but unless you've got folks just beating the door down to outbid one another, it's worth whatever you can rustle up for it.

I said the brakes were worth $350 (and the rear drum setup IS peculiar to a "disc brake car". But for my $350 I'm gonna have the rest of the not-so-hot parts to deal with. Not all of which there is a hot market for. Especially since there's LOTS of NOS stuff left for this model of Stude.

Not knocking your car - just trying to be brutally honest about it.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                            1960 Larkvertible V8
                            1958 Provincial wagon
                            1953 Commander coupe
                            1957 President 2-dr
                            1955 President State
                            1951 Champion Biz cpe
                            1963 Daytona project FS
                            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Well no offense to you stude guys but studebakers really dont seem to be worth much. I have searched the last few days on countless sites checking prices for studebakers and studebaker parts. seems to me that the parts are worth than the car as a whole. They just dont seem to be selling for much. As a muscle car guy if I saw a GTO or a cherger in this shape for less than $2000 I would be on it like white on rice. I like the look of studebakers and i wonder why they are not popular. They should be. But I think if i dont get atleast $450.00 out of this car I will keep it and put my fresh built 305 and turbo350 auto in it rather than part it out to make any money. I hate old cars "no matter what make" be parted out. Maybe Ill ask around if anyone wants to buy the tranny in a few months. Thanks for all the input guys. Ill keep it advertised and still try to sell it but im not ganna sell it for scrap price.

Comment

Working...
                              X