Dealer Showroom Albums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealer Showroom Albums

I'm the highest bidder on a 1964 Showroom Album which is 90 pages and has all the info anyone could want to know.

Do any of the literature collectors on the forum have such an item and are they rare[?] I mean with so many car dealers there must be some others around.

It's good for raising one's blood pressure to keep seeing "reserve not met" and I finally hit the jackpot with a $US130 bid which is above the $124.99 reserve. Now that's not including the postage eek[:0]

Does the price seem reasonable[?]

John Clements
    Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
    Lockleys South Australia
    John Clements
    Christchurch, New Zealand

Ah, what a difference a day [or more like 40 years] makes:

For years, there was kind of a run-down surplus store just outside the southern city limits of South Bend, as I recall. It was (the building is still there, but I'm not sure what it is) on the east side of U.S.31. They sold mostly surplus building materials, but would occasionally have just about anything. Not much automotive, though.

After Studebaker shut down in South Bend, that place had boxes of those beautiful 1964 Studebaker dealer showroom books, brand new, for something like $1 apiece...maybe $5 at the most. I forget exactly, but they were almost free. Sigh....BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Ah, what a difference a day [or more like 40 years] makes:

For years, there was kind of a run-down surplus store just outside the southern city limits of South Bend, as I recall. It was (the building is still there, but I'm not sure what it is) on the east side of U.S.31. They sold mostly surplus building materials, but would occasionally have just about anything. Not much automotive, though.

After Studebaker shut down in South Bend, that place had boxes of those beautiful 1964 Studebaker dealer showroom books, brand new, for something like $1 apiece...maybe $5 at the most. I forget exactly, but they were almost free. Sigh....BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

It's good for raising one's blood pressure to keep seeing "reserve not met" and I finally hit the jackpot with a $US130 bid which is above the $124.99 reserve. Now that's not including the postage eek[:0]

I would say its within reason right now. In another 10 years, it may be considered a 'steal' going by current pricing trends on them. In 1981, I got a 'deal' for buying three dealer albums for $100; the PD64-34 like what you have, the 1964 Color & Upholstery (with the Rev. 1-64 insert), and the gold 1963 Lark/Hawk Portfolio binder. In 1981, $40 a piece was considered 'too high' for them.

Craig

Comment

I would say its within reason right now. In another 10 years, it may be considered a 'steal' going by current pricing trends on them. In 1981, I got a 'deal' for buying three dealer albums for $100; the PD64-34 like what you have, the 1964 Color & Upholstery (with the Rev. 1-64 insert), and the gold 1963 Lark/Hawk Portfolio binder. In 1981, $40 a piece was considered 'too high' for them.

Craig

Comment

Mine brought near 200 on e-bay. Had I not had 2 of them I would have considered 200 not enough. At the same time a De Soto dealer showroom album featuring all 1957 trim, paint color options, viny and cloth swatches, plus a whole bunch of information brought 397.00 on e-bay. The buyer was happy to pay the same price for the second one I had. jimmijim
            sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Mine brought near 200 on e-bay. Had I not had 2 of them I would have considered 200 not enough. At the same time a De Soto dealer showroom album featuring all 1957 trim, paint color options, viny and cloth swatches, plus a whole bunch of information brought 397.00 on e-bay. The buyer was happy to pay the same price for the second one I had. jimmijim
              sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Hi John,
                I think I paid US 80.00 for mine in 1993. They do vary in price a bit. I think I have seen them go for as high as US 250.00 on the big E.

That 64 book is a litte shy on information on Avanti and perhaps on the GT Hawk. Perhaps 2 pages each.

There is a gold book for 64 Avanti, but this is really hard to find. They are usually 63 Avanti ones, but SASCO once had a plethora of interior pages for those to convert the 63 one to a 64. Mostly they dont have the extra printed pages in the binders.

There is also a 64 Interior book, but this does not have much information on the cars themselves.

If you have a 64 car they are well worth owning.

Hang loose.

Regards
                Greg

Greg Diffen
                Australian Stude nut living in Warwick, United Kingdom

1933 St Regis Brougham Model 56 Dutch delivered
                1937 Dicator sedan. Australian Body by TJ Richards
                1939 Packard Seven Passenger monster UK delivered
                1939 Commander Swiss Cabriolet by Lagenthal
                1988 Avanti Convertible
                Greg Diffen

Editor Studebaker Owners Club UK magazine

Australian Stude guy living in Warwick, United Kingdom

1933 St Regis Brougham Model 56 delivered new in the Netherlands
                1937 Dictator sedan Australian Body by TJ Richards RHC
                1937 Packard Super 8 Limousine UK delivered RHC
                1939 Packard Super 8 Seven Passenger sedan monster UK delivered RHC
                1939 Commander Cabriolet by Lagenthal of Switzerland
                1963 Lark Daytona Hardtop
                1988 Avanti Convertible

Comment

Hi John,
                  I think I paid US 80.00 for mine in 1993. They do vary in price a bit. I think I have seen them go for as high as US 250.00 on the big E.

That 64 book is a litte shy on information on Avanti and perhaps on the GT Hawk. Perhaps 2 pages each.

There is a gold book for 64 Avanti, but this is really hard to find. They are usually 63 Avanti ones, but SASCO once had a plethora of interior pages for those to convert the 63 one to a 64. Mostly they dont have the extra printed pages in the binders.

There is also a 64 Interior book, but this does not have much information on the cars themselves.

If you have a 64 car they are well worth owning.

Hang loose.

Regards
                  Greg

Greg Diffen
                  Australian Stude nut living in Warwick, United Kingdom

1933 St Regis Brougham Model 56 Dutch delivered
                  1937 Dicator sedan. Australian Body by TJ Richards
                  1939 Packard Seven Passenger monster UK delivered
                  1939 Commander Swiss Cabriolet by Lagenthal
                  1988 Avanti Convertible
                  Greg Diffen

Editor Studebaker Owners Club UK magazine

Australian Stude guy living in Warwick, United Kingdom

1933 St Regis Brougham Model 56 delivered new in the Netherlands
                  1937 Dictator sedan Australian Body by TJ Richards RHC
                  1937 Packard Super 8 Limousine UK delivered RHC
                  1939 Packard Super 8 Seven Passenger sedan monster UK delivered RHC
                  1939 Commander Cabriolet by Lagenthal of Switzerland
                  1963 Lark Daytona Hardtop
                  1988 Avanti Convertible

Comment

I have one -- paid about $25 for it 30 years ago. The $130 price is probably reasonable in today's market.

Skip Lackie
                    Washington DC
                    Skip Lackie

Comment

I have one -- paid about $25 for it 30 years ago. The $130 price is probably reasonable in today's market.

Skip Lackie
                      Washington DC
                      Skip Lackie

Comment

Thanks Guys, There's a 1938 one from another seller listed as $250 buy it now or best offer, may look at that in a month or so.

John Clements
                        Lockleys South Australia
                        John Clements

Comment

Thanks Guys, There's a 1938 one from another seller listed as $250 buy it now or best offer, may look at that in a month or so.

John Clements
                          Lockleys South Australia
                          John Clements

Comment

I sold a 1964 dealer album, complete and in good shape, for $175 in 1999 on eBay and about fell over because it brought so much. That would be considered a real bargain now. You done good!

Studedude1961
                            --1963 Cruiser

Comment

I sold a 1964 dealer album, complete and in good shape, for $175 in 1999 on eBay and about fell over because it brought so much. That would be considered a real bargain now. You done good!

Studedude1961
                              --1963 Cruiser

Comment

Working...
                              X