This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unabriged Version

Those of you that have gotten your latest Turning Wheels have probably seen my contribution to the coverage of the Pure Stock Muscle Car Drags of September 2005. I hadn't forseen myself making that contribution until I showed up at the track and had Bob Palma tell me I was "enlisted" to do a piece to provide a first-timer's perspective on the event.[:0][:I]
    I was all too happy to do so.[^] I really DID have a good time that weekend and the only problem was that it was much too fleeting![V]
    No collection of mute and shiny trailer queens, here was a Stude meet with REAL action! And one where Studes showed their stuff to the adoring AND to the brand Xers as well![] REAL ACTION STUDEBAKERING!!!Gotta love it!

I took my time about straining my recollection thru a keyboard, but eventually I did it in my usual, book-length fashion[B)]. Of course, shy of adding extra pages to TW, the editors had no choice but to do surgery on my saga. I understood[}] - I'll get even someday!

Anyhow, I've shared the unabridged version of my trip with a few folks via E-mail. All have said they enjoyed reading it. Given that, I asked the webmaster to paste it up in the Studebaker Stories section of this forum. Hope you like it. Here's a link:

http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/2005PSMCD.asp

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS

This geezer for one, is glad you were "enlisted." [8D]
    Great read. Kudos!!

'49 Starlight Coupe

Comment

Great job, Bob. I'd like to attend one of those events myself but it is a little far away to drive a 40+ year old car. I know, I know some Stude nuts do it but that is a long way from home to get broken down. Anyway thanks for the write up. I never imagined that Studes were that quick--and I used to drive them back in the '60s.
      wagone and Avanti I

Comment

I still haven't received my Jan issue of TW. Has anyone in Ontario received it?

Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

Well hey Bob ...I understand I have a write up also in this months TW ...damn wez both famous !
          sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

[:I] 'Gotta be patient, Todd. between the SIZE of the January 2006 Turning Wheels (16 pages thicker than usual) AND the full-color center section on The Studebaker National Museum opening AND the Christmas holiday pressure on the Post Office(s), the issue will simply arrive later than usual.

I usually have my "regular member" copy a couple days before the end of the month, but January's just arrived today (January 5th).

On the upside, I believe you'll find it is worth the wait. It could be the best issue of Turning Wheels to date, bar none. []

[quote]Originally posted by tstclr

I still haven't received my Jan issue of TW. Has anyone in Ontario received it?
            Todd

BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

As a new menbeer im waiting patiently on mine .
              Couple of my stude buddies already got theres . im so jealous.

Comment

Mr Biggs!!! Thank You!!! Excellent Story!!!

Home of the Almostahawk
                Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Thanks for the kind comments! I still haven't gotten my copy of TW Xmas rush, I guess [|)]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe
                  1957 President 2-dr
                  1955 President State
                  1951 Champion Biz cpe
                  1963 Daytona project FS
                  No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

2r5,,I better add a special thanks to all the contributors!Wish I could have been there for the opening. As Bob Palma said:maybe the best issue of TW yet!!'
                    [My issue arrived about 10 days later than usual]worth the wait!!!

Home of the Almostahawk
                    Oglesby,Il.

Comment

I thought the biggest news in TW's this issue was the missing $100K-$200K SDC club money, questionably stolen/absconded/whatever...?

Comment

Shhh, you're not supposed to talk about that[8D]

quote:Originally posted by jackb

I thought the biggest news in TW's this issue was the missing $100K-$200K SDC club money, questionably stolen/absconded/whatever...?

Comment

Thanks Bob ...it sure was some weekend there . Its a must on everyones list I'm sure.
                          That money stuff sure is upsetting as well But as long as they have put policys in place to stop ( which it sounds like they have )that I guess we live and learn.
                          sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Speaking of robbery,what about the august 2002 issue? The cover pic of the alledged 1965 Packard-and article by Paul McKeehan??
                            I know this is the wrong time to bring this up,with Art Unger in the hospital and all,but we were promised some sort of explanation to this hoax... I haven't forgotten,I think someone stold a lot of credibility from the SDC that month.

Home of the Almostahawk
                            Oglesby,Il.

Comment

great article mr biggs....will share with son-in-law, hoping to slowly move
                              him toward vintage studebakers.......he's a big nascar fan already....

Comment

Working...
                              X