This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob, nice job and very well written .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Sterling Heights, MI

Ancient Chinese Proverb: "Injection is nice, but I'd rather be blown!"

1964 Studebaker Daytona - Laguna Blue, Original 4-Spd. Car, Power Steering, Disc Brakes, Bucket Seats, Tinted Glass, Climatizer Ventilation System, AM Radio (136,989 Miles)
    Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Is there ANYONE on this forum who's yet to recieve the January TW???[:I] Yeah, I know it went out late - I just wonder if I'm on the very TAIL of the postal tangle.
      Mine DID show up yesterday - front cover mangled. Good read tho, including my own contribution (well, I had an idea what I was gonna say anyway![xx(])
      Some of you other folks on this forum ought to submit articles about your Studes or Studebaker adventures. It's kinda neat to see your efforts in TW.[^] And ya don' hafta be ah litter-airy jeanius neethur! I's pruf ah dat!

While I DID actualy see our mail guy insert the TW into our mailbox (while I was out discing the "back forty" with my '47 tractor), I could swear the smell of the half-dead pack mule it came across the Rockies on, was still to be detected between the pages of my copy![8]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President 2-dr
      1955 President State
      1951 Champion Biz cpe
      1963 Daytona project FS
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Is there ANYONE on this forum who's yet to recieve the January TW???[:I]
        Mine has not made it yet.

Dave's Place
        Studebaker Emporium
        www.davesplaceinc.com
        sigpic
        Dave Lester

Comment

Thats weird....usually us up here in the "Great White North " have to wait a couple extra weeks ....I got mine last friday
          sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

quote:Mine has not made it yet.
            Got it today! []

Dave's Place
            Studebaker Emporium
            www.davesplaceinc.com
            sigpic
            Dave Lester

Comment

I hate to brag, but I've had mine since Christmas Eve! First Class, baby! [)][8)][:0][^]

All of the afore mentioned stories are good reading! I should've contributed to the PSMC Drags story in '01, but we became awhole lot busier in the Navy about that time you know. I was at the Stude Nat'l Museum that fateful day earlier in the week... [V]

You're right, though- I DO need to contribute to Turning Wheels now and then- I've got a ton of stories to tell! Just ask anyone who's read my stuff in North Puget Sound, South Georgia, or San Diego SDC- they'll tell ya!

[8D]

StudeDave
              San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr
              '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...)
              '57 Commander 2dr
              '57 Champion 2dr
              '65 Cruiser
              StudeDave '57
              US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
              SDC Member since 1985

past President
              Whatcom County Chapter SDC
              San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
              San Diego Chapter SDC
              North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Just got my copy of Turning Wheels and read your article, Biggsy (yeah, I had been too lazy to read your unabridged version at your link above). That's some really nice writing - I hope you will consider doing future articles for the magazine. And I don't think I'm just being biased as a result of getting to know your writing style in the forum postings.

(one would think I'm trying to butter you up for some spare parts - but I sincerely give the compliment)

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup

Paul Simpson
                "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                The Red-Headed Amazon
                Deep in the heart of Texas

Comment

Thanks Dillo!

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe
                  1957 President 2-dr
                  1955 President State
                  1951 Champion Biz cpe
                  1963 Daytona project FS
                  No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Had to go back and reread that section. Unfortunately is shows that crime does pay, and in a big way. This type of action happens more than you think. The cost of recouping the funds taken ends up taking a lot of time and costing a lot of money. So they walk off free and clear of any responsibilities to their actions. I have no patients for people who in good faith are on a board and than take money from that organization. I am glad to see that steps were taken in order to insure this does not happen again. Good Job.

quote:Originally posted by jackb

I thought the biggest news in TW's this issue was the missing $100K-$200K SDC club money, questionably stolen/absconded/whatever...?

Comment

I did not get my turnning wheels at all can some one copy one for meand mail it if so email me i will send mailing address

Comment

Working...
                      X