This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A pic of our studes

Thought you guys might like to see a pic of our brother/sister team of 54's.

Evan Davis
    Prairie Bulletin
    Saskatchewan Chapter
    Prince Albert, Sk

Great Picture !!! Whats the setting??? some kind of historical,museum,-- nice!!

Home of the Almostahawk
    Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Evan,those are two BEAUTIFUL Studebakers.
      I have a 56 Transtar and used to own a 54 coupe,which was painted the exact colors as your hardtop.
      When I got it it was wearing its original paint,the yellow bottom but with a blue roof. The only changes from stock I made was to paint the top black.
      That 54 is probaly the one I should have kept.
      Of course,I wish I could have kept every Stude I ever owned.
      If you'll send me your e-mail off group,Ill send you some pics of them,as I still have been completely unsuccessfull in posting pictures.
      Once again,great looking wheels man!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Transtar56

Evan,those are two BEAUTIFUL Studebakers.
        I have a 56 Transtar and used to own a 54 coupe,which was painted the exact colors as your hardtop.
        When I got it it was wearing its original paint,the yellow bottom but with a blue roof.
        Beautiful vehicles! My '54 Commander Starliner was also painted the same colors and also wore the original paint when I purchased it in '95. It's black now, but it would have remained dark blue over yellow if I chose to keep it stock. I like that combo a lot.

-Dick-
        Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

Your truck is much more beautiful than the car. But, I'm partial.

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup

Paul Simpson
          "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
          The Red-Headed Amazon
          Deep in the heart of Texas

Comment

I like them both!!![] But boy, '54 trucks are RARE!!!!![:0][:0][:0]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe
            1957 President 2-dr
            1955 President State
            1951 Champion Biz cpe
            1963 Daytona project FS
            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

With sharp looking cars like the Starliner, compared to a 54 Chevy or Ford, how could Studebaker ended up out of business 12 years later..trying to convice the wife to kick out the kids & let me replace them with a Starliner..

Comment

I forgot to mention to Mr. Biggs and the other Californians on this forum: I'll try to be a gracious winner about our Longhorns in the Rose Bowl Hook 'em Horns!

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup

Paul Simpson
                "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                The Red-Headed Amazon
                Deep in the heart of Texas

Comment

No problem, Dillo! While I know of what you speak, I'm not a fan of such things.[:0] I know, I know - it sounds almost UN-American. But that's what's great about this country. I can care more about Studebakers than anything else. er, ALMOST anything else[:I] (I had to amend it since the wife or one of my parrots might read what I said and get upset!)

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe
                  1957 President 2-dr
                  1955 President State
                  1951 Champion Biz cpe
                  1963 Daytona project FS
                  No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Nice family you got there
                    . i see the brother out going n flashy while sis is demure n sexy. lol nice car n truck

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys. I do have one question. For those of you who mentioned that you had cars with the Yellow/black combnation, What color was the interior on the cars? Mine is Red, and those are the original colors. Evan

Evan Davis
                      Prairie Bulletin
                      Saskatchewan Chapter
                      Prince Albert, Sk
                      Evan Davis
                      Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

quote:Originally posted by fargoguy

Thanks for the comments guys. I do have one question. For those of you who mentioned that you had cars with the Yellow/black combnation, What color was the interior on the cars? Mine is Red, and those are the original colors. Evan

Evan Davis
                        Prairie Bulletin
                        Saskatchewan Chapter
                        Prince Albert, Sk
                        Evan,
                        Mine was actually dark blue over light yellow (Ontario Blue over Safford Crean). Mine had a tan vinyl interior (called Flax).

Interior colors listed in my 1954 "Inside Facts" with a two tone green Commander Starliner pictured are..."Beige Frieze Nyle Tuft nylon and green vinyl upholstery-with blending headlining and side panels. Beige nylon with brown or blue vinyl, and grey nylon with Bittersweet vinyl, are other available combinations with harmonizing exterior colors. All-vinyl interiors in Scarlet Red or Golden Tan with Flax headlining and upper side panels-or Flax vinyl thoroughout-are available at no extra cost. These same interiors are also available in the smart new Champion Hardtop for 1954."

Then on the Champion Starliner page a Sandusky Beige over Chadron Red car is pictured. "Here is true elegance at its best! Seat cushions and backs in grey Frieze Nyle Tuft nylon complement the red Wolf Grain vinyl trim of the seats. The headlining and upper door panel are attractively covered in grey vinyl. Pleated red Wolf Grain vinyl in the middle door panel adds a further luxurious touch. Other interiors feature beige nylon with blue, green, or brown vinyl. The same interiors are available on the Commander Hardtop."

This is a little confusing to me since it describes the Commander and Champion interiors a little differently but says that they are the same. [?]

-Dick-
                        Dick Steinkamp
                        Bellingham, WA

Comment

My 54 Commander(Safford Cream with Ontario blue top) came with an off white vinly interior,with brown metal trim.
                          Geeze I miss that car!

Comment

Working...
                          X