Shiny Hawk!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shiny Hawk!

The paint job is complete . It took about a month from tear down to finished paint. I still have assembly and some detailing to do. Still targeting for the first of April for completion.

I've cleaned the engine and the front part of the undercarriage and will repaint them tomorrow....then a week or so in California before starting on assembly.

I'm REAL pleased with the results []

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Dick, you've done a beautiful job. You should be extremely proud of the results. While you may not have done the entire job yourself, I know how much goes into contracting that kind of work. It isn't any easier. As you have all this time to put into this car, I think you should just ship me the black '54 to make sure it isn't neglected. And heck, if you twist my arm enough, I'll even pay for the shipping!

Seriously, a great job. Hopefully I'll be able to make South Bend so that I can drool over one of those beauties [].

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Dick, you've done a beautiful job. You should be extremely proud of the results. While you may not have done the entire job yourself, I know how much goes into contracting that kind of work. It isn't any easier. As you have all this time to put into this car, I think you should just ship me the black '54 to make sure it isn't neglected. And heck, if you twist my arm enough, I'll even pay for the shipping!

Seriously, a great job. Hopefully I'll be able to make South Bend so that I can drool over one of those beauties [].

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
      1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Mi T Fine!!!!

Glen Brose
        East of Chino Valley, AZ
        The Home of "Charlene"
        53 Champion Tudr Sedan

Comment

Mi T Fine!!!!

Glen Brose
          East of Chino Valley, AZ
          The Home of "Charlene"
          53 Champion Tudr Sedan

Comment

Looks better than new, Dick.[8D]

Lotsa Larks!
            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
            Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Looks better than new, Dick.[8D]

Lotsa Larks!
              Ron Smith
              Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
              Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
              Ron Smith
              Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Now ,Dick you have 2 of the most beautiful Studes I have been priviledged to gaze upon.Way to go on a great job.

David Baggett Mantachie,Ms.

Comment

Now ,Dick you have 2 of the most beautiful Studes I have been priviledged to gaze upon.Way to go on a great job.

David Baggett Mantachie,Ms.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by stude freak

Now ,Dick you have 2 of the most beautiful Studes I have been priviledged to gaze upon.
                    Plenty of beautiful Studes out there []. Probably 1,000 or so will show up at South Bend this year. Aren't we lucky to be a part of this madness [8D].

Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by stude freak

Now ,Dick you have 2 of the most beautiful Studes I have been priviledged to gaze upon.
                      Plenty of beautiful Studes out there []. Probably 1,000 or so will show up at South Bend this year. Aren't we lucky to be a part of this madness [8D].

Dick Steinkamp
                      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Those reflections show excellent body work as well as smooth paint.

Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Those reflections show excellent body work as well as smooth paint.

Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Painted the motor today and the satin black behind the air scoop. The satin dried a little flatter than the picture shows. The engine is gloss black.

Also stripped and painted the valve covers and oil caps. Here they are stripped...

I have to admit, not only am I a wheel/tire snob, but also a valve cover snob . I know they are supposed to have runs and black over spray on them, but I couldn't do it. They are painted now with the yellow paint Kent Fedor offered to all of us. Quite nice!

Assembly starts in a week when I get back from California.

Dick Steinkamp
                            Bellingham, WA

Comment

Painted the motor today and the satin black behind the air scoop. The satin dried a little flatter than the picture shows. The engine is gloss black.

Also stripped and painted the valve covers and oil caps. Here they are stripped...

I have to admit, not only am I a wheel/tire snob, but also a valve cover snob . I know they are supposed to have runs and black over spray on them, but I couldn't do it. They are painted now with the yellow paint Kent Fedor offered to all of us. Quite nice!

Assembly starts in a week when I get back from California.

Dick Steinkamp
                              Bellingham, WA

Comment

Working...
                              X