This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 53 C-cap wing vents

Just got accepted to this here "Drivers Club". I have owned my 53 C-Cab for just over a year. I then took it down to the frame and started over with a complete rebuild. Stock body with Camaro front stub, 350/350, etc. Gas tank is now under the rear of the bed, and many other modifications, but a stock appearing body. I plan to have it at the Good-Guys event at Loveland in June of 06.
    This brings me to why I am here. I am looking for parts, (or entire assy), for the wing vents.
    If I can't find wing vents then does any body have experience in removing the vents and replacing with one piece solid glass for the whole door? I plan to install power windows as well. Thanks

Parts Chaser

I think I may have a set of wind wings out in the shop. I'll have to look. They'd probably need new glass but that's easy enough to fix. One of the neat things about the C-cabs is that cusstom look when the door windows are down and the wind wings are open. It fascinates guys that there's no trailing edge bar for the wind wing to close against since that edge is a part of the door window itself.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Your truck sounds nice and similar to my last Studebaker truck. It was/is a 1959 Scotsman half ton with the deLuxe (fiberglass grille,etc.) package, equipped with a Camaro sub-frame, 400 cubic inch, 350 THM, Chevy rear and a stock appearing (except wheels) exterior. You should be able to get the wind wings and put new flat glass in them. The trucks look nice with the wind wings removed and a single piece of glass in the truck's doors, but I would only do this on a truck with a modified appearance. I haven't done it myself, but I have seen Studebaker pickups with this modification.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

quote:Originally posted by fireguy

does any body have experience in removing the vents and replacing with one piece solid glass for the whole door? I plan to install power windows as well. Thanks
        I have done so with my Coupe, but not the truck. The truck should be much easier, as the channel is straight.

"Much easier," is a relative term... It still may not be, "Easy," but it can be done.

On the car, we had to straighten out the channel (top and bottom) for the large glass, and that was quite a job! [xx(] It's not something that really jumps out at you, but the wind vent on the coupe angles slightly inward at the front, making for a crooked channel.

Dave's Place
        Studebaker Emporium
        www.davesplaceinc.com
        sigpic
        Dave Lester

Comment

Working...
        X