• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Test...

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Isn't technology great, it will do everything for you except cook your breakfast and it still doesn't work right. I guess I gotta try it too and see how bad I can mess it up.
      Jake

-Home of John Studebaker-
      http://community.webshots.com/user/Stude4x4

Comment

I haven't been able to post pics here either.

But just now When I tried Mr. Biggs newly explained method with a pic from my webshots site, a lil' bitty picture comes up in the preview -- because I used the properties address from the thumbnail location.

No picture came up in the preview when I use the OPENED picture address.

Obviously(?) the allowed pics are size limited and some will need to be reduced before posting here. Maybe in the fine print somewhere the max allowable size is stated. And maybe the size limitation has been an unidentified problem to some posters.

Dale McPhearson
        INDY Chapter
        Brickyard Bulletin
        sigpic
        Lark Parker --Just an innocent possum strolling down life's highway.

Comment

quote:[i]Maybe some of the others would be kind enough to share which photo service they use, since they are able to get photos to show on this website.
          I use http://www.provalue.net

Dave's Place
          Studebaker Emporium
          www.davesplaceinc.com
          sigpic
          Dave Lester

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.BiggsSounds like dubble-talk but I don't know how else to say it.
            Boy, do I know what ya mean!

I guess if it were easy, anybody could do it, eh?[}]

Dave's Place
            Studebaker Emporium
            www.davesplaceinc.com
            sigpic
            Dave Lester

Comment

quote:Obviously(?) the allowed pics are size limited and some will need to be reduced before posting here. Maybe in the fine print somewhere the max allowable size is stated. And maybe the size limitation has been an unidentified problem to some posters.
              I have seen no fine print. I have seen some rather large pictures posted here. My observation is that anything over 640 pixels wide throws everything out of kilter, but it seems larger pictures make it through... providing one otherwise follows the recipe.

Dave's Place
              Studebaker Emporium
              www.davesplaceinc.com
              sigpic
              Dave Lester

Comment

I always use my isp's http file uploading feature. When my picture appears, I copy the url from the address line and paste it in my post. The beauty about doing this is that everyone can open that url and view. Otherwise, there is always some that don't get pics that are posted directly.

Dwain G.

Comment

My Webshots picture that wouldn't preview to post was 800x600.
                  A picture that large gave me a little box with an X in it instead of the preview pic.
                  Dave's pic was 634 by summpin' Another attempt here, above and not mine -- posted the little box with the X.

Dale McPhearson
                  INDY Chapter
                  Brickyard Bulletin
                  sigpic

Comment

Durn, I hit post instead of preview on the last one. Here's the thumbnail just to prove my method is OK.

Dale McPhearson
                    INDY Chapter
                    Brickyard Bulletin
                    sigpic

Comment

Dale, you can eliminate that last post by clicking on the little trash can icon at the top of the post. This only works for posts which YOU put up. No one else sees the trash can on any but the posts that they've made. Lets you eliminate your goofs!

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                      1960 Larkvertible V8
                      1958 Provincial wagon
                      1953 Commander coupe
                      1957 President 2-dr
                      1955 President State
                      1951 Champion Biz cpe
                      1963 Daytona project FS
                      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

What goofs, Mr.Biggs?

Dale McPhearson
                        INDY Chapter
                        Brickyard Bulletin
                        sigpic

Comment

Oh! I see.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                          1960 Larkvertible V8
                          1958 Provincial wagon
                          1953 Commander coupe
                          1957 President 2-dr
                          1955 President State
                          1951 Champion Biz cpe
                          1963 Daytona project FS
                          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

wow,,, I can now write in red! 'ere's the best looking two trucks in Colorado

Comment

Working...
                            X