This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A '58 kind of day.

HOLY CRAP! Do you know how many of those 2 doors are left? I don't either, but I've only ever seen two others- neither of them looked that nice! Some guys have all the luck- don't get me started on the hardtop Packard...

StudeDave [8D]

'54 Commander 4dr
    '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...)
    '57 Commander 2dr
    '57 Champion 2dr
    '65 Cruiser
    StudeDave '57
    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
    SDC Member since 1985

past President
    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
    San Diego Chapter SDC
    North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Ahh , to live in California-The land of the rust free...

Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

You'd better stay "on" those '58 hardtops, Bob, or you'll name will be Mr. Mud if they get away! BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Bob/MrBiggs - You probably know, but for those that don't, the production figures for all series (I don't have a breakout here) is;
          1958 Packard hardtop 675,
          1958 Studebaker hardtop 3846,
          1958 Studebaker two door sedan 7187.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Holy Crap is right!!!! The only one of these I've ever seen is a beautiful '58 President hardtop owned by Joe King of Quincy, Massachusetts. At least I think it's a '58 - been a few years since I saw it.

Gary Ash - if you're reding this - can you confirm if Joe's car is a '58?

Charles Schneider

'53 Champion Starlight Coupe
            '60 Lark VIII
            '50 2R5

Comment

I know of a 2dr Champion in Iowa
              sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

OK, I'm just going to come out and say it......I LIKE '58 STUDEBAKERS!!

I feel so much better now<G>!

I like the hardtops best of all, but the sedans and wagons are neat too. I especially like the 2-door with the pods but just single headlights.

Paul

Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: http://hometown.aol.com/r1skytop/myhomepage/index.html
                Paul
                Winston-Salem, NC
                Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

I'm glad you folks are standing up for the car you like. Everyone can't ride the same horse, right? As for me, I think the '58s were designed by a large commitee and everyone went home early that day.
                  Tim K.
                  Tim K.
                  \'64 R2 GT Hawk

Comment

Mr. Biggs- would you please post if those '58 hardtops are ever parted out? I've got a rusty President hardtop and could use some sheetmetal. -thanks

Comment

Hi
                      Nice to see those favorite oddities haven't all rusted to the ground, all have here in western New York.
                      Those cars must not be camera shy, I notice on webpages full of Studebaker pcitures, even if a few examples '56-'58 are in attendance at a meet, they mostly only show up in the background. Rarely in individual shots, come on guys, give them a little respect!
                      Steve

Comment

Working...
                      X