Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reedsville '05

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Reedsville '05

    It's only nine days away, who's going, who's vending and where is a good place to stay/eat?

    1960 Lark Convertible

  • #2
    I am going, not sure where to tell you to stay, hit Peachey's (Amish grocery store) if you can. Only thing is I can't tell you how to get there, only time I was ever there was visiting some people in Huntingdon, not while hanging out up at Reedsville.

    nate

    --
    55 Commander Starlight
    62 Daytona hardtop
    http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
    --
    55 Commander Starlight
    http://members.cox.net/njnagel

    Comment


    • #3
      alot of guys stay at the Clarion ( down the road a couple miles ) 717-248-4961...also they have a restraunt there . We always go to a spaghetti place near there ...love that stuff
      sigpic

      Home of the Fried Green Tomato

      "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

      1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

      Comment


      • #4
        http://www.studegarage.com/Reedsville2004.htm.

        Among the places to eat are:
        Jack's Mountain, a steak-and-brew house not too far away from Lewistown.
        http://www.jacksmountain.com/

        Hoss's Restaurant in Lewistown on Rte. 22, just on the west side of town. Place your order for steak, etc. as you come in the door. Inexpensive.

        Other restaurants:
        See http://www.yellowpagecity.com/sys/pa...go=Restaurants
        [be sure to scroll down and hit the right arrow for more listings]

        Other motels:
        I know some people stay at the Pines Motel in Lewistown because it is cheaper than others. I don't know about the quality, ask Ed Ellis. It's just a little farther away. Of course, the Tractor Supply Company store (10410B U.S. Hwy 522) is just across the street from the Pines Motel with lots of toys for big boys (welders, sandblasters, tools). See http://www.mytscstore.com/

        See motel listings at:
        http://www.yellowpagecity.com/sys/pa...=Motels&z=1000

        Anyone want to meet up for dinner on Friday or Saturday? I like Jack's Mountain for a good meal and an excellent microbrewery beer.

        Reedsville is always fun. It's not fancy and it can be gray and cold. Bring your warm walking-around boots and wind-proof jacket.

        Gary Ash
        Dartmouth, MA
        '48 M5
        '65 Wagonaire Commander
        '63 Wagonaire Standard
        www.studegarage.com
        Gary Ash
        Dartmouth, Mass.

        '32 Indy car replica (in progress)
        ’41 Commander Land Cruiser
        '48 M5
        '65 Wagonaire Commander
        '63 Wagonaire Standard
        web site at http://www.studegarage.com

        Comment


        • #5
          I just hope the guy who brought the cheese last year is going to be there, Im stocking up.....oh yea, there are going to be parts there too, hmmmm better bring the truck!

          hmmm, my girlfriend has 2 GT Hawks....and I feel left out, wheres my "R" model Daytona????

          Comment


          • #6
            (Shameless vendor plug................)

            Since Reedsville is later this week, I have put up on Ebay an outright
            listing and an exchange listing for Studebaker V8 intake manifolds that are
            modified to accept a late model AFB 4 barrel carburetor. If you want to get
            one of these manifolds, you can pick it up at Reedsville and save yourself
            some freight. If you bring or send your old (late model) 2bbl core to
            Reedsville, you can save even more! Additional discount given for 'extra'
            manifold cores. You could even get an AFB modified manifold for free! Send
            me a note and I will explain how.
            Thanks for looking.
            Jeff[8D]


            (OUTRIGHT - no core required)
            <http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...4681QQrdZ1>
            or
            http://tinyurl.com/dkly2

            (Exchange - Reduced price but require your old 2bbl manifold)
            <http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...4669QQrdZ1>
            or
            http://tinyurl.com/b4zuq






            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

            Jeff


            Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain



            Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

            Comment


            • #7

              You bring up a great point...
              The food choices at the facilities are, well, so 1950's[]
              (Until a couple hours later, when my gut is asking me what I did to it[xx(]...)
              I think I'll pack extra food goodies[] for a cold, cold building
              Jeff[8D]


              quote:Originally posted by loc8tor

              I just hope the guy who brought the cheese last year is going to be there, Im stocking up.....oh yea, there are going to be parts there too, hmmmm better bring the truck!

              hmmm, my girlfriend has 2 GT Hawks....and I feel left out, wheres my "R" model Daytona????
              DEEPNHOCK at Cox.net
              '37 Coupe Express
              '37 Coupe Express Trailer
              '61 Hawk

              http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
              HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

              Jeff


              Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain



              Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

              Comment


              • #8
                Thanks for the post Gary.....
                Is the party going to be held again this year at whatsisname's place in Yeagertown? That was a lot of fun, a Studebaker historical trek in itself...
                Jeff (bad with names...) Rice[8D]



                quote:Originally posted by garyashhttp://www.studegarage.com/Reedsville2004.htm.

                Among the places to eat are:
                Jack's Mountain, a steak-and-brew house not too far away from Lewistown.
                http://www.jacksmountain.com/

                Hoss's Restaurant in Lewistown on Rte. 22, just on the west side of town. Place your order for steak, etc. as you come in the door. Inexpensive.

                Other restaurants:
                See http://www.yellowpagecity.com/sys/pa...go=Restaurants
                [be sure to scroll down and hit the right arrow for more listings]

                Other motels:
                I know some people stay at the Pines Motel in Lewistown because it is cheaper than others. I don't know about the quality, ask Ed Ellis. It's just a little farther away. Of course, the Tractor Supply Company store (10410B U.S. Hwy 522) is just across the street from the Pines Motel with lots of toys for big boys (welders, sandblasters, tools). See http://www.mytscstore.com/

                See motel listings at:
                http://www.yellowpagecity.com/sys/pa...=Motels&z=1000

                Anyone want to meet up for dinner on Friday or Saturday? I like Jack's Mountain for a good meal and an excellent microbrewery beer.

                Reedsville is always fun. It's not fancy and it can be gray and cold. Bring your warm walking-around boots and wind-proof jacket.

                Gary Ash
                Dartmouth, MA
                '48 M5
                '65 Wagonaire Commander
                '63 Wagonaire Standard
                www.studegarage.com
                DEEPNHOCK at Cox.net
                '37 Coupe Express
                '37 Coupe Express Trailer
                '61 Hawk

                http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
                HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

                Jeff


                Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain



                Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Jeff, if you mean the party at Max Corkins' shop in Lewistown, then I assume it will be on again. Let's see, what were you doing at Max's last year?
                  http://www.studegarage.com/IMAGES/re...at_corkins.jpg

                  Unfortunately, I messed up the link to my web site story about Reedsville in the previous post (pesky periods!). Here it is again:
                  http://www.studegarage.com/Reedsville2004.htm



                  Gary Ash
                  Dartmouth, MA
                  '48 M5
                  '65 Wagonaire Commander
                  '63 Wagonaire Standard
                  www.studegarage.com
                  Gary Ash
                  Dartmouth, Mass.

                  '32 Indy car replica (in progress)
                  ’41 Commander Land Cruiser
                  '48 M5
                  '65 Wagonaire Commander
                  '63 Wagonaire Standard
                  web site at http://www.studegarage.com

                  Comment


                  • #10

                    Yep, that's the place..
                    That was a fun evening..
                    Live band, some good beverages, and a lot to look at...
                    Thanks for the memory kick!
                    Jeff[8D]




                    quote:Originally posted by garyash

                    Jeff, if you mean the party at Max Corkins' shop in Lewistown, then I assume it will be on again. Let's see, what were you doing at Max's last year?
                    http://www.studegarage.com/IMAGES/re...at_corkins.jpg

                    Unfortunately, I messed up the link to my web site story about Reedsville in the previous post (pesky periods!). Here it is again:
                    http://www.studegarage.com/Reedsville2004.htm



                    Gary Ash
                    Dartmouth, MA
                    '48 M5
                    '65 Wagonaire Commander
                    '63 Wagonaire Standard
                    www.studegarage.com
                    DEEPNHOCK at Cox.net
                    '37 Coupe Express
                    '37 Coupe Express Trailer
                    '61 Hawk

                    http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
                    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

                    Jeff


                    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain



                    Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Hello,

                      I am planning on going to Reedsville myself, what time do things start on Friday? Or, when do the vendors open??
                      Thanks
                      Randy

                      (2) 1955 Presidents

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        9:00 am friday and you maybe able to get in thursday afternoon as well
                        sigpic

                        Home of the Fried Green Tomato

                        "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

                        1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I will be bringing pics of the Studebakers in the other post to Reedsville Saturday. I will post them with the other ads on the BB

                          hmmm, my girlfriend has 2 GT Hawks....and I feel left out, wheres my "R" model Daytona????

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Arived Thursday afternnon.
                            Lot's of vendors setting up.
                            Already made two deals on some good stuff.
                            Weather is cold, but clear.
                            Supposed to be 22 degree's tonight and only into the thirties.
                            Party at Max's Friday night, but no live music this year.
                            Just the smell and feel of all the Stude parts make the trip worthwhile.
                            Jeff[8D]


                            DEEPNHOCK at Cox.net
                            '37 Coupe Express
                            '37 Coupe Express Trailer
                            '61 Hawk

                            http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
                            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

                            Jeff


                            Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain



                            Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I'm in State College (supposed to be studying right now, but this is more important). It's cold right now...27 degrees. Anyhow, how late will vendors be open tomorrow (Friday)? I have class till 3 or so and want to get some parts for the Larks.

                              Nate

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X