This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Savannah Lark makes the trip

I know a lot of you haven't been able to sleep well not knowing if we made the trip from Savannah or not. Well, you can put the sleeping pills away now because the news is that the Lark is now residing comfortably in Wisconsin. It made the journey without a hitch. It ran with the big dogs on the interstate and never skipped a beat. It needs its valves adjusted, a general tune-up and a paint job and that's it. The interior is super, the body is rust-free and the undercarriage looks like new. It has a nice solid comfortable ride, as long as you are going straight. The turns make you think it should have outriggers to help keep the car upright. All in all it is a fine car.
    Tim K.

Great to hear! But Savannah is now a poorer place, by one Studebaker Lark.

How fast did it comfortably go on the interstate, and is that a V8?

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup

Paul Simpson
    "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
    The Red-Headed Amazon
    Deep in the heart of Texas

Comment

DC,
      Much to our surprise the car cruised very comfortably and quietly at 72 or 73 mph all day long. It is a '63 with the Skybolt 6, 3 speed manual with no overdrive.
      Tim K.
      Tim K.
      \'64 R2 GT Hawk

Comment

NO overdrive![:0] Wow!

Sounds like a neat trip tho, Tim. Any idea of what sorta mileage you got?[?]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President 2-dr
        1955 President State
        1951 Champion Biz cpe
        1963 Daytona project FS
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

[^] Glad your venture was sucessful. Must be one proud Lark afficionado. Good job.
          On my trips down to Madtown I hope to see it on the road.

'49 Champion Starlight Coupe

Comment

Mileage? Yes, you bet, we wrote it all down. The average for the trip was a hair over 19. And as I said, most of our driving was in the 70 mph range. I don't think that's too bad for a car with no overdrive and the standard 3.73 rear axle ratio. It will be better after it gets a tune-up. I did notice that the car still has its original spark plug wires. The date code is 1962 and they are maroon.
            Tim K.
            Tim K.
            \'64 R2 GT Hawk

Comment

I wouldn't count on the mileage being much better. I'm getting 17-18 consistently. Then again, mines a McKinnon--I've heard tell they're gas hogs[}]

quote:Originally posted by GTtim

Mileage? Yes, you bet, we wrote it all down. The average for the trip was a hair over 19. And as I said, most of our driving was in the 70 mph range. I don't think that's too bad for a car with no overdrive and the standard 3.73 rear axle ratio. It will be better after it gets a tune-up. I did notice that the car still has its original spark plug wires. The date code is 1962 and they are maroon.
              Tim K.

Comment

Working...
              X