Shelbyville TN Meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shelbyville TN Meet

Finally got this worked out. Just have to figure out how to bring over multiple photos.

I was wondering how things went. It's not far, but I had to work 12 hours today.

Guard: Where are you going in such a hurry?
    Gorrak the ranger: Uhhh...Gorrak have quiche in oven!!
    Guard: well hurry along.

1953 Champion 2 door Sedan
    2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS Coupe

Comment

I was wondering how things went. It's not far, but I had to work 12 hours today.

Comment

Hard to say. My friend Carol and I got there just about the time the meet was breaking down because no one at the three gas stations we stopped at in Shelbyville knew where the fairgrounds were. Finally stopped at the TSC store and bingo perfect directions! Mr. Fennessey was still there with a good supply of rubber but I'm far from needing that. HA! I think the fact that it was the same weekend as the SE Zone meet and Hunters Custom Auto Show in Nashville may have hurt attendance. Had some pretty cars though!

Comment

Hard to say. My friend Carol and I got there just about the time the meet was breaking down because no one at the three gas stations we stopped at in Shelbyville knew where the fairgrounds were. Finally stopped at the TSC store and bingo perfect directions! Mr. Fennessey was still there with a good supply of rubber but I'm far from needing that. HA! I think the fact that it was the same weekend as the SE Zone meet and Hunters Custom Auto Show in Nashville may have hurt attendance. Had some pretty cars though!

Comment

Please don't tell me that they had new repro seals for these old cars there! That's one of the biggest things on my list to get! :P

I think I should have taken a sick day.

Comment

Please don't tell me that they had new repro seals for these old cars there! That's one of the biggest things on my list to get! :P

I think I should have taken a sick day.

Comment

Since you asked so nicely, azrael4h, I won't tell you that but only because I'm typing and not talking. HA! Mr. Fennessey's phone no. is (615) 662-5013. I'm sure he can hook you up with any gasket you need.

Comment

Since you asked so nicely, azrael4h, I won't tell you that but only because I'm typing and not talking. HA! Mr. Fennessey's phone no. is (615) 662-5013. I'm sure he can hook you up with any gasket you need.

Comment

Yesterday was my first trip up to Shelbyville. From what I heard, I think you're right about it being hurt by the SE Zone meet being the same weekend. I still had a fun time and got to see some great cars! I didn't realize it was open to other makes as well. There was a Crosley, a Hudson, a Jeepster, a Cadillac, and a few others.

Here are a few more pictures...

454 Chevy engine in a '54 Starliner

Bill Fennessey's car he was selling for $16,000

1963 Avanti

[img=left]http://www.bulletshots.net/images/stella3.jpg[/img=left]1951 Commander Starlight Coupe (aka "Stella")
                    www.bulletshots.net
                    www.bulletshots.net/blog
                    www.alabamastudes.com

Comment

Yesterday was my first trip up to Shelbyville. From what I heard, I think you're right about it being hurt by the SE Zone meet being the same weekend. I still had a fun time and got to see some great cars! I didn't realize it was open to other makes as well. There was a Crosley, a Hudson, a Jeepster, a Cadillac, and a few others.

Here are a few more pictures...

454 Chevy engine in a '54 Starliner

1963 Avanti

[img=left]http://www.bulletshots.net/images/stella3.jpg[/img=left]1951 Commander Starlight Coupe (aka "Stella")
                      www.bulletshots.net
                      www.bulletshots.net/blog
                      www.alabamastudes.com

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Eman

Tell me that the $16K was a typo...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                        1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Eman

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                          1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Swifster
                            Yeah, I thought when he first said it, he may have meant $1,600. But nope! I think he mentioned it came with all new chrome, rubber, etc. for you to put it back together. And something about "It's just surface rust."[]

www.bulletshots.net
                            www.bulletshots.net/blog
                            www.alabamastudes.com

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Swifster
                              Yeah, I thought when he first said it, he may have meant $1,600. But nope! I think he mentioned it came with all new chrome, rubber, etc. for you to put it back together. And something about "It's just surface rust."[]

www.bulletshots.net
                              www.bulletshots.net/blog
                              www.alabamastudes.com

Comment

Working...
                              X