Progress on the 52

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progress on the 52

It was a nice warm day today, so I made lots of progress on my 52 Commander. I had decided to paint the engine red, in keeping with my 2 steps forward and one step back philosophy. []

I bought some finned valve covers at York and I put them on. I was going to use the 52 water pump manifold and had it all painted, but when I tried to install it, it wouldn't fit. Studebaker had changed the water pump manifold when they put the fuel pump in the timing gear cover. I was going to use the 52 manifold so I could use the 52 top radiator hose. The water outlet on the engine and the inlet on the radiator are different sizes and I can't find a radiator hose to fit. I think I will get the radiator shop to put a larger inlet neck on my radiator.

I started it for a brief moment, but didn't want to let it run, because I didn't put water in the radiator in fear of the radiator hose leaking.

I still have a long way to go if I am going to drive it to South Bend [:0]

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Leonard,

How does the battery holder work when you make a turn????

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
    Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Leonard,

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
      Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

quote: Leonard,

Gary
        There are no turns allowed in my garage

Hey Gary, Did you go look at that 58 Packard on eBay?

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

quote: Leonard,

Gary
          There are no turns allowed in my garage

Hey Gary, Did you go look at that 58 Packard on eBay?

Comment

Working...
          X