Vin Tags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:Originally posted by DWard

I am in the market for a studebaker Hawk---1957,58,59,60, or 61.

I really like these "finned" hawks. I have looked at two cars & did not buy either one for several reasons. One of the reasons is vin tag problems. When I first started looking I did not realize that a vin tag inspection was required to bring a car in from another state( at least it's required in Ohio).Thanks---Dan
    Well, I'm certainly no expert, but when I brought my '62 into the country and then into my state, once it was made known that it was a "pre 1976", or whatever the cutoff year is, it was considered exempt from any state (inspection) regulations.

Have you told your local DOT people that you are wanting to bring a classic car into the state? They might just cut you some slack in that case.

Check in the "for sale" section of this forum and you'll find a nice looking red '57 Hawk there for sale, (if he hasn't sold it yet), for a really decent price, in my opinion.

Karl

1962 GT Hawk 4sp

Comment

quote:Originally posted by DWard

I am in the market for a studebaker Hawk---1957,58,59,60, or 61.

I really like these "finned" hawks. I have looked at two cars & did not buy either one for several reasons. One of the reasons is vin tag problems. When I first started looking I did not realize that a vin tag inspection was required to bring a car in from another state( at least it's required in Ohio).Thanks---Dan
      Well, I'm certainly no expert, but when I brought my '62 into the country and then into my state, once it was made known that it was a "pre 1976", or whatever the cutoff year is, it was considered exempt from any state (inspection) regulations.

Have you told your local DOT people that you are wanting to bring a classic car into the state? They might just cut you some slack in that case.

Check in the "for sale" section of this forum and you'll find a nice looking red '57 Hawk there for sale, (if he hasn't sold it yet), for a really decent price, in my opinion.

Karl

1962 GT Hawk 4sp

Comment

Working...
      X