Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60Lark
    replied
    Hello Lau, I too would like welcome you to the zoo. I can pretty well guarantee that NO question will go unanswered. Good luck on a your new project.

Studebaker Fever
    60 Lark
    51 Champion
    Phil
    Arnold, Missouri

Leave a comment:

• 60Lark
    replied
    Hello Lau, I too would like welcome you to the zoo. I can pretty well guarantee that NO question will go unanswered. Good luck on a your new project.

Studebaker Fever
    60 Lark
    51 Champion
    Phil
    Arnold, Missouri

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Wow Lau; that's a pretty rare model, a Body type F4 Deluxe 2 door sedan! They have that big vertical chrome trim over the body seam between the 1/4 panel and the rear fender...way cool![^]

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Wow Lau; that's a pretty rare model, a Body type F4 Deluxe 2 door sedan! They have that big vertical chrome trim over the body seam between the 1/4 panel and the rear fender...way cool![^]

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA

Leave a comment:

• Anne F. Goodman
    replied
    Welcome to the forum. You have just joined the ranks of some of the finest people you ever want to meet. If you aren't a member of SDC please join and find the local chapter nearest you there are great resources there. I can tell you from experience that the enjoyment from driving your Stude is Fantastic. You meet the finest people you will see more smiles and thumbs ups while driving that you will believe that you are a Star. Again WElcome

Mabel 1949 Champion
    1957 Silverhawk
    1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    Fresno,Ca

Leave a comment:

• Anne F. Goodman
    replied
    Welcome to the forum. You have just joined the ranks of some of the finest people you ever want to meet. If you aren't a member of SDC please join and find the local chapter nearest you there are great resources there. I can tell you from experience that the enjoyment from driving your Stude is Fantastic. You meet the finest people you will see more smiles and thumbs ups while driving that you will believe that you are a Star. Again WElcome

Mabel 1949 Champion
    1957 Silverhawk
    1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    Fresno,Ca

Leave a comment:

• N8N
    replied
    That looks like a late '55 2-door sedan, just so you know. There was a mid-year change to a wraparound ("Ultra-Vista" in Stude-speak) windshield, and at the same time the Commander engine was changed to a 259ci engine (was previously a 224.) When you get into the car, you'll have to remember this when looking in the shop manual or parts books - some parts will be labeled "before serial xxxx" or "after serial xxxx" and your car will fall in the later half of the '55 model year.

Looks like a nice, solid find. Let us know what you find when you start getting into the mechanicals and we'll try to help.

nate

--
    55 Commander Starlight
    http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Leave a comment:

• N8N
    replied
    That looks like a late '55 2-door sedan, just so you know. There was a mid-year change to a wraparound ("Ultra-Vista" in Stude-speak) windshield, and at the same time the Commander engine was changed to a 259ci engine (was previously a 224.) When you get into the car, you'll have to remember this when looking in the shop manual or parts books - some parts will be labeled "before serial xxxx" or "after serial xxxx" and your car will fall in the later half of the '55 model year.

Looks like a nice, solid find. Let us know what you find when you start getting into the mechanicals and we'll try to help.

nate

--
    55 Commander Starlight

Leave a comment:

• 55Studebaker
    replied
    Lau's '55 Commander:

Nice '55 2-door sedan. looks solid. [8D] How is the paint? Looks like it just needs a good detailing, maybe some buffing? I would suggest if it hasn't been started in a few years, just to change all the fluids and check your rubber parts for drying out and/or cracks. Then you can give her a try at starting. Then I would go through the brakes before driving.

Cool myspace page btw.

John Reich
    Long Island Chapter Spotlight Editor & Webmaster

Leave a comment:

• 55Studebaker
    replied
    Lau's '55 Commander:

Nice '55 2-door sedan. looks solid. [8D] How is the paint? Looks like it just needs a good detailing, maybe some buffing? I would suggest if it hasn't been started in a few years, just to change all the fluids and check your rubber parts for drying out and/or cracks. Then you can give her a try at starting. Then I would go through the brakes before driving.

Cool myspace page btw.

John Reich
    Long Island Chapter Spotlight Editor & Webmaster

Leave a comment:

• N8N
    replied
    Welcome! yeah, we want pics...

all I can add is if the front end chrome is in good shape on your '55, WAX IT REGULARLY! that stuff is expensive... (ask me how I know this)

I'd suggest before you do anything, just change all the fluids in the car - oil, coolant, gear oil, ATF (if it's an automatic) etc... I think there's a good writeup somewhere on the SDC site about all the things you should do with a "new" Studebaker, in your case I would do ALL of them because the car has been sitting. Then see if you can get it to run, and yup, brakes are fairly important. The good news is that you can probably get everything you need to do a complete brake job for under $200 or so.

good luck

nate

(and yes, I know, I'm a hypocrite, I still haven't put up the pics of my own '55 since I moved my web site. Of course I haven't worked on it in a while either...)

--
    55 Commander Starlight

Leave a comment:

• N8N
    replied
    Welcome! yeah, we want pics...

all I can add is if the front end chrome is in good shape on your '55, WAX IT REGULARLY! that stuff is expensive... (ask me how I know this)

I'd suggest before you do anything, just change all the fluids in the car - oil, coolant, gear oil, ATF (if it's an automatic) etc... I think there's a good writeup somewhere on the SDC site about all the things you should do with a "new" Studebaker, in your case I would do ALL of them because the car has been sitting. Then see if you can get it to run, and yup, brakes are fairly important. The good news is that you can probably get everything you need to do a complete brake job for under $200 or so.

good luck

nate

(and yes, I know, I'm a hypocrite, I still haven't put up the pics of my own '55 since I moved my web site. Of course I haven't worked on it in a while either...)

--
    55 Commander Starlight

Leave a comment:

• stude freak
    replied
    Welcome Lau, just ask anything you need to know the guys and gals here know everything about anything Studebaker and are willing to help. Just what I need a 50's loving stude wife.Wait!! Thats not a proposal just starting a fact lol.

David Baggett Mantachie,Ms.

Leave a comment:

• stude freak
    replied
    Welcome Lau, just ask anything you need to know the guys and gals here know everything about anything Studebaker and are willing to help. Just what I need a 50's loving stude wife.Wait!! Thats not a proposal just starting a fact lol.

David Baggett Mantachie,Ms.

Leave a comment:

• starlightchamp
    replied
    Welcome,
    Go to the SDC home page and search for the article "Things to do after you bought that Studebakerr ". This article has
    pages of helpful hints on restoration and is under heading "Studebaker Tech Files".

1950 Champion Starlight
    1963 Hawk GT
    Santa Barbara
    CA

Leave a comment:

Working...
X