This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 53 C/K Grille Bar assys

Want to buy a pair of 53 grille bar assys complete with parking lights for my 53 Starliner street machine. Second choice would be 54's.
    Thanks.

53 Starliner modified

You and a whole lotta other folks! And they'd be happy with either one too! Ebay and lucking onto a pair that's been hiding in someone's garage for years - that's your best shot.
    I was at a Stude swap meet last fall. Guy had a pair of just the 53 grille shells. Pitted, tweaked, chunk broke outta one corner of one shell - he still got someone to fork over more than a hundred bucks for them!
    There is a Stude Vendor who has had the 53 outer shells cast in bronze. $400 for a pair (unchromed) last I inquired.

Be careful not to jump on a pair of shells, only to discover they're the one's for sedans! They don't even come close to fitting a coupe/hardtop car[xx(]. The BARS for a 53 are the same as the C/K cars but the cars for the 54 sedans are not the same as the C/Ks

I keep saying this over and over - but I don't know WHY someone hasn't started making these outta fiberglass! They'd sell like hotcakes![}]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

This guy makes a "grill panel" , no reason he could not just do the grills:

http://www.the-glas-shop.com/ck.htm

Studebaker On The Net http://stude.com
      64 R2 4 speed Challenger (Plain Wrapper)
      63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
      JDP Maryland

Comment

I am glad to see more Studebaker parts being reproduced in fiberglass. They are especially good for modified cars. Why take a good chrome bumper or grille and ruin the chrome to paint it?
        I don't know why people don't have someone proof read their web sites. Then you wouldn't have "blot on" hoods and both "grill" (sic) and "grille."
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

If you have a set that's badly pitted I know a shop that can make all four pieces better than new for $2000.

Webster's says both spellings of grille are correct and the typos are often because our fingers don't work as fast as our brains.
          If George W can butcher the language and we still know what he meant to say, according to Buckwheat "we're doing otay!"
          "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Here ya go! This guy's got both left & right shell's up for bid. Pitted and raunchy-lookin', I'm bettin' they do better'n $150 each by auction's end.[:0]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4568842841

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe
            1957 President 2-dr
            1955 President State
            1951 Champion Biz cpe
            1963 Daytona project FS
            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I see it only took $250+ dollars to win those two Pit-e-full grille shells.[}]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe
              1957 President 2-dr
              1955 President State
              1951 Champion Biz cpe
              1963 Daytona project FS

Comment

Appreciate the reply. I was under the impression that the 53 bars were the same for sedan and C/K too. I also got conflicting opinion from the studenet forum before it crashed. Can you confirm that "same" is fact?

I only require the bar assys. My surrounds are good.

"The BARS for a 53 are the same as the C/K cars but the cars for the 54 sedans are not the same as the C/Ks".

Thanks

53 Starliner modified
                Ken MacKenzie
                53 Starliner modified

Comment

That's right - 53 sedan and C-K bars ARE the same, for '54, that's not the case. That said, they're not much easier to find.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe
                  1957 President 2-dr
                  1955 President State
                  1951 Champion Biz cpe
                  1963 Daytona project FS

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by rockne10

Webster's says both spellings of grille are correct and the typos are often because our fingers don't work as fast as our brains.

Yes, there is grill and grille, but they are two different words, not different spellings of the same word.
                    grill - a grate for cooking food - as in bar and grill
                    grille - grating or latticed screen - as in a car grille

This is similar to the confusion with concours and concourse.
                    concours - short for Concours d'Elegance - as in a car show
                    concourse - crowd, gathering or large open area for public use - as in an airport
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I thought it was gorilla---?

Hawks,Larks,and other critters!
                      Oglesby,Il.

Comment

[8D][][:0][^]

quote:Originally posted by 52hawk

I thought it was gorilla---?