This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold color / V8

On the 1955, V8 president where is the gold color. I know the center of the hubcaps is gold. Is just the 8 on the trunk V8 gold color? Also, is hood fixture part gold and part silver? What is gold and what is silver color on the hood fixture? Is the gold a dull non gloss?

Curt, assuming the Commanders, and Presidents used the same emblems, and motif, just the 8 is gold on the trunk lid. The S on the horizontal bar in the grill mouth should have a gold front on it as well. I cannot tell you about the hood bird being partly gold, or not, I never paid attention to that, and I'd guess that would be a President thing, if that is the case.

With the wheel covers, the paint is to be ONLY in the half moon, and it is a translucent paint. Maybe someone here can offer you a name/supplier, etc.

quote:Originally posted by curt

On the 1955, V8 president where is the gold color. I know the center of the hubcaps is gold. Is just the 8 on the trunk V8 gold color? Also, is hood fixture part gold and part silver? What is gold and what is silver color on the hood fixture? Is the gold a dull non gloss?
    Sam Roberts

Comment

I have been given some help on the paint from replies to a previous post. Thanke for the information. I had missed the grill 8 on the mouth of my cat fish,

Comment

Yes, the front (stepped) portion of 55 President's hood ornament was gold. Champions and Commanders were all chrome.
        BTW - if you go looking for a 55 hood ornament, beware that there's TWO different ornaments. One fits the C-K hoods and the other fits sedans. They look alike at 20 feet - but one will not fit in place of the other.
        Since there were all chrome and chrome & gold for both lines of 55 cars, there's 4 different part numbers for these ornaments.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President 2-dr
        1955 President State
        1951 Champion Biz cpe
        1963 Daytona project FS
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

The lower part looks as if it has/had a gold color. It is amazing how so many parts look the same but aren't.

Comment

Curt,

Do you have a set of manuals for a 1955? I have a set, plus 4 supplements I would sell. Shop, and Chassis parts, are 1955 specific, the Body Parts cover 1953-57 Studebaker, and 1957 Packard Clipper. Email me off forum for the price. These are not perfect, show some usage, but quite readable, and presentable.

quote:Originally posted by curt

The lower part looks as if it has/had a gold color. It is amazing how so many parts look the same but aren't.
            Sam Roberts

Comment

Working...
            X