This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lark Wagon Tranny

The '60 Wagon has a 3 speed with overdrive...the donor car has a automatic...I have no experience with either...pros and cons?

You will like the 3 over better than the auto for gas milage and power, but you will have to drop the pan and the rear main cap to change the bolts for the flywheel, unfortunatly the bolts are longer.

Comment

STICK WITH THE 3 SPEED W/OD.

Dallas,Texas

Comment

The 3 speed with overdrive is better on gas, more versatile, and more fun to drive, both in town and on the highway.

Comment

Thanks for the info, the old man I got the Wagon from says it was in good shape...stopped driving it because he had a stroke then he thinks the block got cracked...he bought the car new...so I'm the 2nd owner...

Comment

I have both. I like both. The milage is better with the manual in freeway driving. Personally I hate driving in city traffic with a manual. The automatic is much better. Of course, I must admit that I'm public enemy number one for clutches...[:I]

Lotsa Larks!
            Studeclunker
            A.K.A: out2lunch
            Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

stick with the manual transmission; lot more reliable and less likely to go to S*hit.
              Kent

Comment

Working...
              X